What is Akamai Netsession Interface: Should I Remove It?
The Internet has built a great platform for sharing and downloading files with various users on the network. As a result, file sharing became very easy and accessible on the go. Moreover, cloud storage services like OneDrive and Google Drive have made it much easier. Now, you can simply share links with other users for sharing your files. This is slowly making physical storage devices a thing of the past. For PCs and smartphones, you can use dedicated download managers to help download files much faster. Particularly, Akamai Netsession Interface is one of the most popular download managers.
What is Akamai Netsession Interface?
The Akamai Netsession Interface is an advanced download manager that is a part of the Akamai Global server network. It helps to download files at faster speeds from any online source. Moreover, it is trusted and used by some major companies like Adobe.
Generally, it comes bundled with proprietary software or is pre-installed in the system. You can find it on most laptops by Acer, Asus or HP. This program provides extremely secure downloads and uploads for users around the world.
How does Akamai Netsession Interface Works?
To begin with, Akamai Netsession Interface works very differently from that of a normal browser download. Usually, browser downloads occur through a middleman server that handles the request and complies with it. As a result, the downloading speed is restricted to a certain speed.
In comparison, it works by creating a peer-to-peer network. Thus, the sender and receiver of the files are directly connected to offer faster download speeds. Hence, it removes the middleman server between the sender and the recipient of the files. You can enjoy even greater download speeds if both the system has the Akamai Netsession Interface installed.
Is netsession_win.exe a Virus?
Netsession_win.exe is the system process of Akamai Netsession Interface. As stated earlier, this tool is approved and widely used by popular companies and brands. Hence, it is not malware or a virus. Moreover, it does not pose a security threat as it doesn’t interfere with your private data. Although it is pre-installed or comes in a bundled package, you can easily remove it if you wish to. It is not hidden or permanently installed on your computer.
Akamai Netsession Interface: Should I remove it?
In brief, it is not a security threat and is trusted by major companies. In fact, Adobe uses this tool to download libraries and other resources for its software. This is because it provides faster download speeds than normal. Additionally, it is used by various online games for faster multiplayer gameplay.
You can easily remove it from your system if you want to. However, you will not be able to enjoy faster downloads to a seamless online gaming experience. Although your programs will still work, it will not download files at a faster rate.
How to Remove Akamai Netsession Interface?
Removing Akamai Netsession Interface is a very easy process that can be done in 3 easy steps. Thus, go through the following steps very carefully.
Step 1 – Stop System Process of netsession_win.exe
First, you need to stop the system process of Akamai Netsession Interface. This is to be done because it is used by various programs and applications. Hence, go through the following instructions.
- Press CTRL + Shift + Esc button on your keyboard at the same time. This will launch the Task Manager.
- Head over to the processes tab and find netsession_win.exe in the list.
- Right-click on the service and choose ‘End Process’ from the list of options. Thereafter, close the Task Manager window.
Step 2 – Stop System Services of Akamai Netsession Client
Next, you need to stop the system services of this tool. It is different from system processes. Therefore, follow the given instructions below.
- Press the Windows logo button along with the letter ‘R’ at the same time. Here, type ‘services.msc’ and press Enter.
- Now, you will see a list of all the services of programs installed in your system. Hence, find Akamai Netsession Interface and its related system services from this list.
- Right-click on the process and click on ‘Stop’. Once done, close the window.
Step 3 – Remove Akamai Netsession Interface
Finally, you need to uninstall the program from the Programs and Features tool. You can do this by following the steps given below.
- Press the Windows logo button and the letter ‘R’ simultaneously. Thereafter, click on the text field and type ‘appwiz.cpl’. Subsequently, press Enter.
- Here, you will see a list of all the installed programs on your system. Find and select Akamai Netsession Interface from the list.
- Next, right-click on the selection and choose ‘Uninstall’ from the options. After that, follow the on-screen instructions to remove the tool from your computer.
Lastly, restart your system to complete the uninstallation process.
In conclusion, Akamai Netsession Interface is a useful download tool that is trusted by popular brands and companies. It helps to provide fast and secure downloads over the internet. Hence, it is not spyware, malware or virus of any kind. It is a trusted download manager used by many brands and users around the world. Removing Akamai Netsession Client from your system will make your downloads and online gaming a slow experience. Therefore, it is recommended not to remove this tool from your computer.