You can get the “Netflix error code M7703-1003” if some component within the browser is missing, that is required to run the streaming platform. The full message that appears when this error comes up is as follows – “Whoops, something went wrong… Unexpected Error”. Below, the full error message, you will get the alphanumeric error code. This error code basically occurs when you try to access the Netflix platform from the Google Chrome browser.
Reasons for the Error code: M7703-1003 on Netflix
There are not many causes for the occurrence of this issue. Some of those reasons are given below.
- If the cache memory of the Chrome browser gets full or corrupted, then you might get this problem.
- When the ‘Widevine Content Decryption Module’ is not up to date, then there is a chance for you to face this error.
- If the Google Chrome settings have become corrupt somehow, then this error code can show up also.
How to Resolve the Netflix Error M7703-1003?
Here, there will be various methods that will help you in fixing the error code M7703 1003 and also, you may want to know How to bypass Netflix Error Code – m7111-1331-5059 from this Source.
One: Delete the Google Chrome Cache
If the data present within the cache memory of Google Chrome gets corrupted or is filled up totally, then due to that reason you can face this error code when launching the Netflix platform. The correct solution to fix this error is to delete the contents present within the cache memory. The process of how can you do it is given below.
- First, locate the Google Chrome icon on the desktop and double-click on it, to open the same.
- Next, within the browser window, go to the top-right corner and click on the “three vertical dots” to open a drop-down menu.
- From that menu, highlight the ‘More tools’ option. Next, from the sub-menu, choose the ‘Clear browsing data..’ option.
- As soon as you click on that option, then a new ‘Settings’ page will appear. In it, a popup window will come up having the name ‘Clear browsing data’.
- Inside that window, choose the ‘Time range’ as ‘All-time’ and then put a tick mark for all the options.
- Then, press the ‘Clear data’ button to delete all the contents present within the cache memory of the Chrome browser.
- At last, try to access the Netflix website and see if this issue appears or not.
Two: Widevine Component Update for the Google Chrome
The Widevine DRM is the digital rights management module that used to encrypt and secure the digital content license distribution. Now, when this module is not up-to-date or malfunctions, you can then encounter the Netflix m7703-1003 error. Follow these steps, in order to know how can you do it.
- First, open the Google Chrome browser and then type the following path on the address bar – “chrome://components/”. After that, press the ‘Enter’ key.
- This action will open a new page inside the browser with a list full of all the components. Now, from that list, move down to the bottom and find the ‘Widevine Content Decryption Module’ component.
- After you have found that component, then click on the ‘Check for update’ button. Wait for few seconds to allow the browser to update that component.
- Finally, close the browser and restart it once again, then see if this problem appears or not when you attempt to access the Netflix platform.
Three: Switch to another profile of Google Chrome
Sometimes, this error code can come up because of some glitch in the current profile of the Google Chrome browser. Now, the best way to resolve this problem is to switch to a different profile. Here are the steps that you can follow.
- First, on the Google Chrome window, go to the upper right part and then click on the profile icon, to open a drop-down menu.
- Next, from that menu locate and choose the ‘Manage people’ option. As soon as you click on that option, then a new ‘Google Chrome’ window will appear.
- Inside that window, go to the bottom right corner and click on the ‘Add person’ button. Now, on the next page of that window put the login details in the correct fields and then click on the ‘Add’ button.
- At this time, go to the upper-right edge of the window and click on the “three vertical dots” to open a drop-down menu. Within that menu, choose the ‘Settings’ option.
- This action will launch a new page having the name ‘Settings’ will come up. On that page, under the section ‘People’, click on the ‘Turn off sync’ button.
- Now, log in to the newly created profile and restart the browser.
- Lastly, launch the Netflix website and see if can stream any video or not.
Four: Reset to default Chrome Settings
When you cannot fix the error code: M7703-1003, as the last solution all you can do is reset the Google Chrome settings to default. For that to happen, follow the steps below.
- First, click on the ‘Windows’ logo, to open the ‘Start menu’. Inside that menu, locate and click on the Google Chrome icon.
- Once the new ‘Google Chrome’ window comes up, next, click the “three vertical dots” on the top right corner. This action will reveal a drop-down menu.
- From that menu, locate and choose the ‘Settings’ option. As soon as you click on that option, then a new page having the name ‘Settings’ will come up.
- Inside that page, move down to the bottom and click on the ‘Advanced’ button. This will reveal all the advanced setting options of the browser.
- Next, scroll down to the bottom of that page until the ‘Reset and Cleanup’ section comes up. Inside that section, click on the ‘Restore settings to their original defaults’ option.
- Lastly, a popup box will appear, in it, click on the ‘Reset settings’ button.