The Netflix Code NW-2-5 error can appear due to the network connectivity issue. In other words, if there is a network connection problem, then it will not allow your device to communicate with the Netflix server.
You can even get this error after updating the Netflix or sometimes if some service within the application has any glitch. The complete message that you get with this error is as follows – “couldn’t connect to Netflix. Please try again or restart your home network and streaming device”.
Solutions to fix the Netflix error code NW-2-5
Here, you will get various methods that will help you to easily rectify this error code in an easy and simple way.
Inspect the Internet Connection
Most of the time this Netflix error can come up due to the slow or no internet connection. Thus, to rectify this problem the best solution that you have is to check the internet connection. In order to do that only, follow the steps below.
- First, the best way to test an internet connection is to search for anything via Google and see if you get the result or not.
- Another way to test the speed of the network is to open the YouTube website and see if you can stream a video or not.
- If both of the above tests fail, then it means that there is a problem with the network connection that you have.
- Now, the correct answer to resolve this issue is to change the network provider.
Turn off the home network and start it Once Again
If there is some kind of glitch within the streaming device or the router, then there is a chance for you get the Netflix error NW-2-5. The feasible answer to get rid of this problem is to switch off the total home network and then restart it again. Here are the steps on how can you do it.
- First, shut down the streaming device or TV and then remove the plug from the wall socket. Next, disconnect both the modem and router.
- Now, wait for a minute or two and then connect all devices back into their original places and start all the devices one after another.
- At this time, wait patiently for the lights of all devices to lit up and then start the TV.
- At last, open Netflix and see if you are still getting this error code or not.
Start the TV Once Again
If the television where you watch Netflix has some internal glitch, then due to that reason also this error can come up. Now, the correct answer to resolve this answer you will have to restart the television. To do that follow the steps below.
- Power off the television, and then take out its power cable from the wall outlet immediately.
- Next, wait for two minutes and after that, press down and hold the ‘Power’ button on the TV for five seconds. This will discharge any static electricity from the logic board of the television.
- If the television does not have a physical power button on it, then, leave it unplugged for five minutes to get rid of any residue charge.
- At last, put the power cable for the television back into the wall socket and see if this problem comes up or not.
Improve the WiFi Signal
There will be steps here to make the WiFi signal stronger.
- Do not keep the WiFi router in the place where there are other wireless devices like cordless phones, radios, etc as it can cause interference of the signal.
- In order to get a strong wireless signal always make sure that the router is near the devices that need it like computers, television, and smartphone.
- To get the best signal from the router always be sure to keep them on the higher place like on the top shelf of the cabinet.
Connect smart TV directly to the Modem
If you want to watch Netflix shows on smart TV but unable to, because of the problematic WiFi connection. Then, the best solution to resolve this problem is to connect the smart TV directly to the modem. For that to happen, follow the steps below.
- First, switch off the smart TV and then remove the power cable from the electric outlet.
- Now, take an Ethernet cable and connect the smart TV with the modem directly.
- Next, shut down the modem then unplug its power cable and wait for thirty seconds. Once that time is over, next, put back the power cable of the modem into the proper place and start it up.
- Wait for all the lights of the modem to lit up and function properly.
- Finally, power on smart TV and then access the Netflix application to check if this issue reappears or not.
Sub-Methods to Resolve the Netflix NW 2-5 issue for any Gaming Consoles
Here, you will get sub-methods to fix this error for any type of gaming consoles.
Inspect the PlayStation Three or Four Configuration Settings
To configure the settings of both Playstation 3 or 4, in order to fix this error, follow the steps below.
- Launch the Playstation menu by pressing the ‘X’ button on the controller. Next, navigate to the ‘Settings’ option and select to open the same.
- Now, inside a new page choose the ‘Network Settings’ option and then from another page select the ‘Internet Connection Settings’ option. If you get a confirmation window, then click on the ‘OK’ button.
- At this time, choose the ‘Custom’ option and then respectively select the following items – “Wireless Connection or Wired”.
- For the selection of Wireless Connection, navigate to the ‘WLAN’ part and then choose the ‘Enter Manually’ option. After that, press the right arrow key three times to get to the ‘IP Address Setting’ section.
- In that section, the following data ‘Network Name’, ‘Password’ and ‘Security Setting’ will fill up automatically.
- Now, if you have chosen the ‘Wired Connection’ item, then go to the ‘Operation Mode’ and then select the option ‘Auto-detect’.
- In order to do some more configurations, follow the sub-steps below.
- Go to the ‘IP Address Settings’ field and choose the ‘Automatic option.
- Then, go to the field ‘DHCP hostname’ and select the option ‘Do Not Set’.
- Now, navigate to the ‘DNS Settings’ field and then select the ‘Automatic’ option.
- For MTU choose the ‘Automatic’ option.
- Select the ‘Do Not Use’ option for the ‘Proxy Server’ field. As for the ‘UPnP’ field pick the ‘Do Not Use’ option.
- To save this configuration, press the ‘X’ button.
- Lastly, click on the ‘Test Connection’ button and check whether the output is positive and then see if this issue comes back or not.
Xbox One DNS Settings Configuration
You will get the configuration settings for the Xbox One console here. For that to happen, follow the steps below.
- First, from the controller of the Xbox console locate and hit the ‘Menu’ button.
- Next, click the ‘Settings’ option to open a page that is having the same name as heading. From that page, choose the ‘All Settings’ option.
- From the new page choose the following options “Network Settings -> Advanced Settings -> DNS Settings -> Automatic.
- At last, to ‘Save’ these preferences press the ‘B’ button on the controller and launch Netflix to see if you get this glitch or not.
Inspection of the DNS Configuration of Xbox 360
If the DNS configuration of the Xbox 360 console is not set correctly, then the Nw-2-5 Netflix error can come up. The easiest answer to solve this problem is to check the DNS configuration of the Xbox 360. How can you do it is as follows.
- Take the controller and then press the ‘Guide’ button.
- Once the new section on the Home page comes up, next, go to the ‘Settings’ option and click on it.
- Next, form the Settings page locate and choose the ‘System Settings’ option. After that, from the new page select the ‘Network Settings’ option.
- From the new page having the name ‘Network Settings’, choose the network that you have and move to the ‘Configure Network’ field.
- After that, navigate to the ‘DNS Settings’ field and select the ‘Automatic’ option.
- Finally, start the Xbox 360 console once again and check if the Netflix application executes properly or not.