Microsoft Office is a combination of many productivity applications that helps you to create documents, spreadsheets, presentation slides to name a few. Due to an easy and interactive user interface the Office package is popular among people.
There are many versions of the Office package, but the current one is the 365 or 2019 one. Now, in order to use the application provided by this software you first need to have the knowledge regarding how to download and install them on the computer. Here you will get guidance on how to perform office setup procedures.
Methods to Setup Microsoft Office
Here, there will be methods that will guide you to perform the ‘office.com/setup’ process.
I: Install Office Package for Windows
You will get the Office installation procedure here specific to Windows. In order to know about that process, follow the steps below.
- First, open the browser and then visit the website ‘setup.office.com’. Next, sign in to your account from the page and then click on the ‘Install Office’ button.
- Once again click on the ‘Install’ button. As soon as you do that, then download process of the Office package will begin.
- Once the download process of the package is complete, next, locate and double-click the setup file within the ‘Downloads’ folder.
- If a ‘User Account Control’ dialog box comes up, then tap on the ‘Yes’ button. This action will open the Office installer and then the installation will start automatically.
- Now, wait for the installation process of the Office package to get over. Once the installation procedure is complete, next, a message will appear on the installer window – “You’re all set! Office is installed now”
- When the above-mentioned message comes up, next, tap on the ‘Close’ button.
II: Activation Process of Office for Windows
Once the installation of the Office package is complete for the Windows machine, then the next thing to do is activate it. Here, you will get information about the activation process of the Office package.
- First, press the combination of ‘Windows + S’ keys together to launch the default search area.
- Inside that area type the name any Office application like ‘Word’, ‘Excel’, etc.
- Next, from the results pane find an icon of the Office application and click on the same. This will open a new window of the chosen application.
- Once the window comes up, next, you will see the license agreement page. On that page, tap the ‘Accept’ button. This action will activate the Office package.
III: Installation Procedure of the Office Package for Mac
You will get the information here regarding the ‘Office/setup’ process for Mac. In order to do that, follow the steps below.
- Launch a web browser on the Mac and then visit the official webpage ‘office.com sign in’.
- Now, go to the first method and then follow the initial two steps, in order to start the download process of the setup office package. Next, wait for some time until the download process is over.
- Navigate to the desktop and then from the ‘Dock’ locate the ‘Finder’ app (one with the blue face icon) and click on it.
- As soon as you tap on that icon, then a new window will come up. Inside that window, go to the left pane and tap on the ‘Downloads’ option.
- Next, move to the right side of that window then find and double-click on the Office setup package. Once the set up Office package executes, next, the installer window will come up.
- On that window, move to the lower-right edge and tap on the ‘Continue’ button twice. At this time the license agreement page will appear.
- Once you get a prompt at the top section of the installer, next, click on the ‘Agree’ button. After that, click on the ‘Continue’ button.
- When you see information regarding the installation destination, next, do not change anything and tap on the ‘Install’ button.
- Once the system asks you to provide the administrator login credentials, next put it correctly and then tap on the ‘Install Software’ button.
- As you click on that button, then the installation of the Office package will begin. When the installation process is complete, next, click the ‘Close’ button on the installer window.
IV: Office Activation Process on Mac
To activate the Office package on your Mac, follow these steps below.
- First, press the ‘F4’ key on the keyboard to open the ‘Launchpad’ application.
- When a new window appears, next, you will see all the applications installed within the Mac.
- From that window, locate an Office application (suppose Microsoft Excel) and click on it.
- As soon as you tap on the icon, then a ‘What’s New’ sub-window will appear within the Excel window.
- Inside that sub-window, navigate to the bottom and click on the ‘Get started’ button.
- Now, the Sign in page will come up. On that page tap on the ‘Sign In’ button.
- On the page that comes next, provide your correct email address and tap on the ‘Next’ button. After that, enter the password and click on the ‘Sign in’ button.
- At this time, the application will inspect the license and then activate the Office package installed on the Mac.
- Once the activation is successfully over, next a message will appear ‘You’re All Set’ on the window.
- At last, to use the ‘Excel’ application click on the ‘Start Using Excel’ button.