When it comes to the best quality printers, Brother is the most preferred choice among users. It comes with effective features that assist you to complete your official tasks uninterruptedly. Despite being multifunctional features, sometimes, you may come across a message displaying Brother Printer Offline Windows 10.
Printer Offline Error is common for all printers. When you try to print some important documents, you may encounter Brother Printer Offline error message on Windows 10. When you find this error, it hampers the performance of the system and restricts the printer from printing.
Your Brother printer may go offline because of various factors including power supply related problems, connectivity, and WiFi.
What Causes of Brother Printer Keeps Going Offline?
Brother printer glitches can appear due to multiple reasons, the common ones include:
- Driver incompatibility problem
- Hardware failure
- Antivirus or Windows Firewall
- Corrupted printer driver
- Poor internet connection
- Malware issues
- Incorrect printer settings
To fix the “Brother printer keeps going offline” error on the device, you need to follow the next segment to get all the effective solutions for this error.
How to Fix Brother Printer Keeps Going Offline on Windows 10?
This is a critical error but can be solved easily. Here we have listed some of the easy and useful fixes to get rid of the Brother printer keeps going offline error on the Windows 10 device. You will be able to solve this problem by one or all of the following fixes.
Fix 1: Check the Internet Connection
If there is a problem with the internet connection then it may fail to print and display this error message on the screen. So, you need to check if the internet connection is properly working or not. If not, then restart the network connection.
If the system is connected to the Wireless Network then restart the router. To do that,
- Press the Power button to turn off the router.
- Wait for a few seconds.
- After that, press the Power button to turn on the router. After turning on the router, connect it to the printer as well as the system correctly and then check if the glitch is resolved or not.
If you are using an Ethernet cable, disconnect the cable and then reconnect it.
Fix 2: Disable the Windows Defender Firewall
Sometimes, the Windows Defender Firewall feature can block the Brother printer from printing. Therefore, you should disable it as soon as possible. Here are some techniques that we have shared:
- Click on the Windows Home icon and then choose the Control Panel.
- When you are in the Control Panel window, navigate to the Windows Firewall section.
- In the Windows Firewall window, select the Turn Windows Defender Firewall On and Off option on the left navigation pane.
- On the right window, go to the Public Network Settings and Private Network Settings sections.
- Then mark on the box next to the Turn Off Windows Defender Firewall option from both sections. Thereafter, click on the Save Changes option to save it.
Fix 3: Uninstall Another Security Software
Some third-party security software conflicting with the Brother printer can also result in the scenario where your “Brother printer keeps going offline” on the PC. Therefore, before printing the documents, you need to remove the security software at the earliest. Perform the following steps:
- Launch the Settings window by pressing the Win + I buttons together.
- Once the Settings window opens, navigate to the Apps section and then select the Apps & Features tab on the left panel.
- Scroll down the page until you find another security software that is installed on your computer. Select it and then click on the Uninstall option.
- After uninstalling this software, restart your computer and then try to print to check if the Brother printer works properly or not.
Fix 4: Turn Off SNMP Enabled Feature
SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) is a famous protocol for the network management that is utilized for managing the data and configuring the network devices such as hubs, printers, servers, etc.
Sometimes, this protocol can also cause this error. So, you should disable the SNMP Enabled feature from your PC. To do that, follow the steps given below:
- Press the Windows button and then click on the Settings icon.
- From the Settings window, go to the Devices section and then click on the Devices and Printers under the Bluetooth & other devices tab.
- Locate and right-click on the Brother printer and then select the Properties option from the menu list.
- In the Brother Printer Properties window, move to the Ports tab and find and select the port that is presently connected to.
- Afterward, click on the Configure Port option.
- On the Configure Standard TCP/IP Port Monitor section, find the SNMP Status Enabled option and untick on it to disable this feature. Then click on the OK button to save the changes.
Fix 5: Turn Off the Printer Offline Feature
Somehow, if the Printer Offline feature is turned on then you can see the “Brother printer keeps going offline” error on the device. So, you will be able to disable it by following these directions:
- Go to the Fix 4 and perform the first two steps.
- Right-click on the Brother printer and choose the See what’s printing from the menu list.
- Thereafter, click on the Printer and then untick the Use Printer Offline button to disable it.
- After performing these steps, try to print to check if it solves the error or not.
Fix 6: Install the Latest Version of the Brother Printer Driver
The “Brother printer keeps going offline” error can be caused by an outdated Brother printer driver. Therefore, you must keep the driver up to date. To update it follow the undermentioned steps:
- Open the Run box by pressing the Start button and R key.
- Type devmgmt.msc and then click on the OK option or hit the Enter button.
- When the Device Manager window opens, locate and select the Print queues section to expand.
- Right-click on the Brother printer driver and then select the Update Software Driver option.
- After completing the update process, reboot your PC and then check if the Brother printer works correctly or not.
Fix 7: Restart the Print Spooler Service
If the Print Spooler service is stopped running then you may find this error on the system. So, you should restart the service. If you do know how to do that then follow the directions cited below:
- Press the Win + R keys at the same time to open the Run dialog box.
- Type services.msc and then hit the Enter key or click on the OK option.
- Form the Services window, look for the Print Spooler service, right-click on it.
- Thereafter, choose the Restart option to start the service.
Fix 8: Reinstall the Brother Printer Driver
If the Brother printer keeps going offline error message still occurs, after performing the previous fixes, then you can try to reinstall the Brother printer driver on your computer. Here’s how to do that:
- Open the Device Manager and then go to the Print queues section on the left panel.
- After that, locate the Brother printer driver, right-click on it and then select the Uninstall device option.
- After uninstalling the driver, restart the device and then reinstall it.
- To install it, go to the Brother printer official website and download the latest version of the Brother printer driver.
- After downloading the file, install it correctly.
- Once the driver is installed, reboot your computer as well as the printer.
The above following fixes, you will be able to get rid of the “Brother printer keeps going offline” error message on your device.