Recently the Discord has launched its new feature, Discord Screen Share and Also Video Chat. as you know that Discord is one of the most popular applications among gamers to live-stream as well as live gameplay over the internet. Also, it is a social platform that allows communicating with others. Now the Screen share is another feature, lets you video call your friends or partners along with the Chat server. In addition to that, you don’t have to install any other application to avail of the feature.
So do you want to avail of this feature, then you are in the right place as in this guide we will discuss how you can avail the Discord Screen Share. Besides, we will also share the troubleshooting process for Discord Screen Share not working black screen. For more information go through the below.
Easy Steps to Avail the Discord Screen Share in Server:
Here we have provided all the necessary steps that you can implement for the Discord Server Screen Share. So to initiate this feature, you have to install the Discord application in the system. Also, you have to install and set up the audio as well as video hardware, so that you can ensure the Discord Screen Share Audio.
Modify Camera/Video Settings:
- Launch the Discord application.
- Then navigate to the left down corner, there you see the gear icon, click on it to open the Settings menu.
- On the next window, locate the “App settings” in the right panel. Now from there, you have to go “Voice and Video” options, to adjust the voice and video settings of the application.
- Scroll down to the “Video Settings” to tweak with the video settings of the application. Click on the drop-down menu and then select the video camera hardware. Alternatively, you can also use the “Test Video” option to automatically select the hardware.
Get Connected with the Users on the Discord Server:
Just like any other social networking service, to make calls, text or video calls, you need to add them to the connections list. Share your Discord ID as well as take your friend’s Discord ID, then add them to the connection list. Once you have connected, follow the instructions given below.
- First, you have to run the Discord application on the system by double-clicking on the desktop icon.
- Then click on the Home icon to open the Homepage which is located at the top-left corner of the screen. After that, you have to click on the Friends option to open the list of friends you have connected to.
- Furthermore, if you want to video call or share a screen with any of your friends, simply click on the Username, then a pop-up window will show you the video call option.
More Features to Look for Desktop Version Users:
However, if you are a desktop version user, you too can avail of this feature. However, there are a few more features that you can use with the Discord.
- Video Marque:
This feature is a great option if you just want to watch a single video and least bothered what others are doing. Perhaps, to see a single video like that, you have click on the person’s avatar. When you click on the avatar, it will pop-up the video that you want to watch.
- Share Sound:
Just like the Discord Sharing Screen, you can avail of the Discord Share Sound. Basically, this will allow to Share Sound within the Discord application and your connection. Simply, toggle On the Sound option in the Settings menu of the application.
- Swap from a Video Call to Screen Share:
When you are video calling someone, you can simply share your screen with the person. Furthermore, You will see two icons at the bottom of the screen of the application. Besides, the Video Call option, you will the Share Screen option, just click on it to share the screen with the user.
- Enable/Disable Fullscreen Option:
If you want to expand the video call to fullscreen then you can simply click on the “Expand” option or click on the expand arrow button. Now if you want to get out from the fullscreen option, just press the Esc button on your keyboard.
- Leave Call button of the Discord Desktop Version:
If you are annoyed with someone’s call, then you can click on the Leave Call button, this in return will drop the call. Perhaps, while you are on a call try to avoid the button or this will drop the call off.
More features to Look for Smartphone Users:
Unfortunately, the Discord Share Screen is not available for smartphone users. However, there are a few more features you can opt for in Discord mobile application if you are a Smartphone user. Some of which are as follows;
- Tune and Switch Camera:
If you using the Discord application from your smartphone, this is one of the best feature you can avail of. For this, you have to simply turn the camera on. Also, you can seamlessly change from front and back camera without any issue or lag.
- Enable/Disable Mute:
Despite a great camera option, you can also avail of a mute mic feature. Basically, this feature allows you to change the audio if you do not want another person to hear your voice. To do so, you have to enable the Mute options. Apart from that, you can also turn off the voice chat conversation in the Discord application.
- Audio Output (Available only for iOS):
Although this feature is only available for iOS users. So if you are connected with a wireless headphone or earphones. Thus want to swap from the normal phone speaker to the wireless headset, then you can click a button beside the Switch Camera button.
Discord Screen Sharing Not Working Troubleshooting Processes:
Many users have reported about the issues with the Discord Screen Share. Apart from the amazing features, according to many users, there are a lot of bugs and errors at times that lead to serious issues. And these bugs or errors are very common among the users on the server. Therefore here, we have discussed some of the common issues that you might fall in to.
- At times, when you are using the Screen Share and this feature gets crashed due to bugs or error and then the screen turns black. Thus Discord Screen Share not working black screen
- Also, many users have reported about the fact that sometimes the audio does not work, for instance, when you are using the Screen Share, suddenly the audio stops and then it never starts working leading to Discord Screen Share no audio.
However, these are one of the common issues that you can face and also the serious one that needs to get solved. Not to worry as we have provided all the instructions that you can follow to troubleshoot the issues.
Procedures Fix Black Screen in Discord Screen Share:
As mentioned above while using the Discord Screen Share the whole screen turns black is one of the common problem. According to many users, this happens due to the presence of bugs and errors in the Discord. So if you are a victim of such, follow the instructions provided below.
- Restart the PC and then simply launch the Discord application. Now check if the problem is fixed or not
- If in case the above could not fix the issue, then check the GPU settings of the PC. According to the experts, this issue sometimes occurs due to changes in the GPU. therefore, you need to check the GPU settings of the system. Perhaps, it is recommended to stay updated with the GPU unit driver.
- If none of the above solves the issue, then you can uninstall and reinstall the Discord application from the system. To uninstall the application, go to the Control Panel and then right-click on the DIscord application, after that, select the Uninstall option to remove it from the system. Reboot the PC, then got to the official site, then download and install the Discord application.
Also, you should know that the Discord Screen Share feature cannot be used in fullscreen mode in the windows system. So make sure that you run the application in windowed mode.
Procedures Fix Discord Screen Share Audio not working:
While streaming in Discord Screen Share, many users have reported about the issue that sometimes there is Discord Screen Share no audio. Apart from that, you cannot even have a voice mail conversation with your friends. Check out the procedures given below.
- You can avoid this problem by toggling the Sound option On, for that, open the settings menu of the Discord application and there you will find the Sound option.
- If the above problem does not solve the issue, then you can opt for a particular application for the Windows system. A lot of screen sharing options are available for you, you can either go for the whole screen or you can select a particular window to fix the issue.
That is all with the instruction that you can implement how to Screen Share on discord, also if you have any issues then you can go through the troubleshooting processes.