GameStop is the largest gaming merchandise retailer and an American video game consumer electronics. It has recently reached its peak and mainly deals with video games and consumer electronics. But, many users have reported about Gamestop Access Denied Error on the website. Almost in all major browsers including Windows, macOS, Linux etc., this issue has been seen.
Even in mobile operating systems, this issue has been noticed. Before we go on with the fixes, you need to know what causes this GameStop access denied error. So that you can deal with this issue more accurately.
Causes of the GameStop Access Denied
There can be a number of reasons behind this error message. And, the reasons are listed below, to help you in solving the GameStop access denied problem:
1. ISP Restrictions
It might be possible that your ISP is restricting access based on any rules to the GameStop website. In such a scenario Access Denied Error can be seen..
2. System or Device’s IP being Blacklisted
In most of the cases the users try to refresh the page again and again, thus leading to think that the GameStop server-id triggering a DDoS attack. Therefore, backlisting the device’s IP. If you see that you are unable to access any device, then this can be the only reason behind it.
3. Blockage of the GameStop
The security or privacy product can be the reason behind blocking access to the GameStop. At first, you have to correct the security and see if it is still letting you access the GameStop. If not, then this can be the reason behind the error.
4. Cookies and Cache
It is known to users that if multiple people use any system to log into the GameStop website, then cookies and caches can affect the system. Stored cookies or expired cookies might corrupt the GameStop and the GameStop access denied message will be shown.
To fix these potential causes we have discussed some of the fixes to help you out.
Resolve Access Denied Error on GameStop
As we have discussed the main causes of the error, below we will be talking about the solutions to help you out. Try out the solutions and solve the problem:
1. Reset the Browser
The first and the easiest way to solve this kind of problem is by resetting the browser. When you face any problem related to GameStop access denied, then this method can prove to be beneficial. The steps are given below:
- At first, you have to open Chrome or any other browser that you are using.
- Then, go to the Settings option followed by the Advanced Settings option.
- After that press Reset The Browser. This will help to reset the browser.
- Also, remember to save the logins. Now, see if the problem has been fixed or not.
2. Using VPN
You can also use Virtual Private Network (VPN) to change your IP address and geolocation, particularly, outside the USA. The steps are given below:
- At first, you have to get a good VPN service. Then, open the VPN and set it up.
- Connect to any server, particularly if you are from any other country than the USA.
- After that open, the GameStop site again sees if the GameStop access denied error is still there or not.
3. Incognito or InPrivate Mode
If you are using a corrupted browser extension or cookies, then you will get the message GameStop access denied. Before we go directly to the steps make sure that the GameStop website is running properly. Now, the steps are listed below:
- First, you have to launch the Chrome browser and select the Chrome menu near the top right of the browser.
- After that, you have to select a new Incognito window. Now, head to the GameStop website in the new Chrome window and see if it is working properly or not.
- If you can access the GameStop properly, then make sure no extensions or add etc., can trigger the issue.
4. Clean the Cookies and Cache
As mentioned, cookies or caches can corrupt the GameStop website. Therefore, cleaning the browser cookies or caches will fix the issue. The steps are given below to clean the GameStop cookies:
- First, you must launch the Chrome browser and select the GameStop website.
- In the address bar, you need to click on the padlock icon and from the Menu choose Cookies.
- Select the Cookies option from the upper portion and next click on the Remove button.
- Finally, repeat the same process to remove all cookies in GameStop. And, after that, relaunch Chrome to check if the issue has been dissolved or not.
- In case you want to use another way to delete the cookies and cache, then open Chrome’s menu.
- Move your mouse over more tools and select the Clear browsing data.
- After that click on the sign out optin from the bottom of the Window shown followed by the All-Time option. This is visible in the range drop-down box.
5. Restoring the Browser’s Settings to the Default
Browser settings can be corrupted, and this can be the reason to show GameStop access denied on the website. Thus, you can restore the browser to default settings to solve the problem. Remember to back up all the essential files needed. The steps are given below to help you out:
- At first, you have to launch the Chrome browser and then click on the Chrome menu situated on the top right corner of the window.
- Now, select Settings and expand the Advanced option.
- Go to the Reset and select the Clean Up option, and after that, click on Restore settings to their Original Defaults option in the right pane.
- After that, you need to select the Reset settings button and relaunch the Chrome browser. Finally, see if the Access Denied Error has been solved or not.
6. Try Another Browser
Trying another browser can also help in solving the issue. It can be possible that due to a temporary communication glitch between the browser and GameStop, you are facing this issue. The steps are given below:
- You have to install another browser and launch it.
- After launching another browser, check if the GameStop is still showing the Access Denied Error or not.
7. Change DNS Settings
If you see that the DNS server can not resolve the Access Denied Issus on GameStop, then it’s better to change the DNS settings of your device. The steps are listed below:
- You have to right-click on the Windows first, and then select the Network Connection option.
- After that select, the Change Adapter option and right-click on Network Connection.
- Now, select Properties and double click on Internet Protocol Version 4 followed by selecting “Use The Following DNS Server Addresses”.
- Then, fill the Cloudflare and hit the Apply button and finally restart the system.
- Restart and see if the problem has been solved or not.
So, these are seven ways that will help you to fix Access Denied Error. Many users have solved the problem with the above-mentioned fixes. Many users have benefited from these steps. It is quite a common problem, and you can easily solve it.