We cannot deny the fact that a router is very much important to connect devices with internet service. But, often, users are reporting about some issues that they are facing. At present, it is the Verizon router yellow light.
Before directly going on to the fixes, you need to know the reason behind this. This yellow light indicates that there is no internet connection. If it blinks, the extender is not close enough to the router.
The colours on the Verizon router indicates the status of the router. For example, white light indicates that it is working properly. And, the facts are similar for other lights as well – blue, yellow etc. Over here, we will be discussing the fixes to solve the issue.
Solutions of Verizon Router Yellow Light Issue
Mainly, there is two types of yellow light reflecting. One is the solid yellow light, which indicates no internet connection at all. And, the blinking one indicates that the extender is kept at a distance from the router.
Below, we have discussed the points that will help you solve the issue.
1. Verify the Ethernet Cable
The cables are very important in broadcasting internet service. The cables connect your router and the area’s internet service. Often it has been seen that due to loose cords or damaged cords, it might not be able to establish the internet service properly.
A few points are listed below to help you examine the ethernet cables:
- To go through the cables, check the back of the router. Two cables are available at the back.
- After locating the cables, check properly whether they are connected properly or not. If they are not, then push them gently to connect the router again and bring back the connection.
- If still the connection is not established, then the possibility is that the cables are damaged. It is quite normal as it wears out over time. In such a case, you have to replace the cables as soon as possible before it gets worst.
- If you think it is getting a little difficult for you, you can hire experts to replace the cables.
2. Eliminate the Distance
If the yellow light is blinking, then it is because the extender pairing with the router is not close; thus, the signal is not strong enough. If you notice that the blinking is becoming faster, then it means that the extender is within the range.
Fortunately, you don’t have to do much. Just move the extender closer until it turns solid yellow. Now, give some time to finish the pairing, and you will notice that the light has turned white. A white light indicates a stable connection.
3. Router Reset
It has been seen that in most cases resetting the router has helped in solving the process. Resetting the router means bringing the device back to its factory settings. Also, there are a few benefits of using this process. First, it will clear out the cache data, which might help in solving the issue.
Even it will enable in stopping any malicious attacks on the hardware. Mostly the reset button is situated at the back of the router. You just have to press it for at least 20 seconds. Finally, you will notice that your router has been rebooted, and the connection has been restored.
4. Overheated Router
Overheat router can cause major problems. Users might experience connection issues due to overheating. Modern routers are designed in such a way that they can prevent overheating. If your router is getting hot, it is better to turn it off to cool down.
If there is any backup battery, you also need to disconnect it. Also, you must avoid keeping the router next to the heating vent or furniture etc. Finally, see if preventing overheating can solve your problem or not.
5. Unplugging the Ethernet Cable
There is quite a similarity with rebooting the router. The steps are listed below.
- First, you have to unplug the ethernet cable along with unplugging the router.
- Again plug the router back and wait for some time to turn the light green.
- Also, plug the ethernet cables back in place. Lastly, see if the issue has been solved or not.
6. Router Reboot
After getting a confirmation that the cables are not loose or damaged, the next thing is rebooting. To reboot the Verizon router, the steps are listed below:
- First, you have to turn off the router. Also if your router has a backup battery, disconnect it and wait for at least 30 seconds.
- After that, turn on the router again, even reconnect the battery, and wait for it to boot up.
- If it shows white light, then it indicates that the connection is stable and the problem is solved.
7. Contact Expert
If you see that after trying all the fixes none of them works, then it is better to contact professionals. This will save you a lot of time and help the router work properly. Often due to maintenance, the internet connection might not work properly. They are experts and know what needs to be done in such a situation.
So, these are the seven methods that will help you solve the Verizon Router Yellow Light Issue. The points are easy to follow and effective as well. Many users have already solved the problem by performing these methods.