What If HyperX Cloud 2 Mic not Working?
HyperX Cloud 2 is a gaming headset produced by Kingston Technologies. This headset has many features that can provide you with an immersive experience. However, as you know that nothing in this world is perfect, thus, the HyperX Cloud 2 headset has some flaws like HyperX Cloud 2 Mic Not Working. Now, here we will discuss, about one which is HyperX Cloud mic not working.
HyperX Microphone not Working: Causes
Here, there will be various reasons regarding the HyperX headset not working problem.
- When the audio drivers of the headset and the computer are not up to date, next, you get this problem.
- If the microphone of the HyperX headset is not set as default, then you might encounter this glitch.
- Whenever the connectors are not properly inserted to the respective port, next, there is a chance for you to meet with this problem.
- If the audio settings of a specific game are not set correctly, then you might face this problem.
- When the volume control that comes with the headset is very low or muted, then also it is certain that you may encounter this plight.
Solutions: How to fix HyperX Mic not Working?
Here you will get plenty of solutions that will help you to correct the microphone of the HyperX Cloud 2 headset.
1: Inspect the Connectors and Ports
One of the easiest ways to resolve the microphone issue within the HyperX Cloud 2 headset is to check the audio connectors and the ports.
- First, detach the 3.5 mm jack of the microphone port and then plug back in. After that, see if you can speak up or not through the mic.
- Now, if you cannot resolve this problem simply by replugging the connectors, then check for any cut marks or perforations on the outer protective layer of the cable.
- If there are any slash or cut marks on the outer layer of the wire, then exchange the product or purchase a new one.
2: Troubleshoot audio
If there are no slash marks on the headset cable and even then, the microphone is working what you do is perform audio troubleshooting. In order to troubleshoot audio on Windows 10, follow the steps below.
- Go to the bottom-right corner of the taskbar then locate and right-click on the ‘Speaker’ icon before the ‘Time and Date’.
- Next, from the popup menu that appears, find the ‘Troubleshoot sound problems’ option and click on the same.
- As you click on that option, then a new window will come up. On that window, simply follow the on-screen instructions carefully and let Windows find any audio-related problems.
- Once any audio problem is detected, next, you will get suggested fixes for the same.
- At last, click on the ‘Apply’ button and fix the audio issues.
3: Activate the microphone of HyperX Cloud 2 and set it to Default
If the microphone of the HyperX headset is not activated or is not set to default, then you can face this issue. Now, the simple solution to get rid of this problem is to first enable the microphone of the HyperX headset and then make it default. For that to happen, follow these steps below.
- Locate the ‘Speaker’ icon on the taskbar and then right-click on it, to open a popup list. Next, from that list find the ‘Recording devices’ option and click on the same.
- When you click on this option, next, a new ‘Sound’ dialog box will come up. Within this dialog box, choose the ‘Recording’ tab.
- Under this tab, locate the ‘Headset Microphone’ option and right-click on it. After that, click on the ‘Enable’ option from the popup menu that appears.
- Now, once again right-click on the same option and at this time tap on the ‘Set as Default Device’ option.
- Finally, click on the ‘Apply’ and ‘OK’ button respectively and restart the computer.
4: Check the Advanced Audio Control Box
The HyperX Cloud 2 headset comes with a dedicated ‘Advanced Audio Control Box’. This box is used to control the volume of the device. Now, if the volume of the microphone is set to low or is muted, then you might encounter HyperX headset mic not working error.
To resolve this problem the best solution that you have is to increase the volume of the headset and see if you can speak through the mic or not. If after increasing the microphone volume, still, you cannot speak, then tap the unmute key on the control box.
5: HyperX headset driver Update
If the driver of the HyperX Cloud 2 headset is not up to date, then this issue might come up. The easiest solution to remove this problem from ever happening, what you can do is to perform an update to the headset driver. In order to that follow these steps below.
- Go to the third method, and then follow the initial two steps, to select the ‘Recording’ tab within the ‘Sound’ dialog box.
- Inside the ‘Recording’ tab, choose the ‘Headset Microphone’ option and right-click on the same. After that, from the popup menu select the ‘Properties’ option.
- This action will launch a new ‘Properties’ window of the ‘Headset Microphone’ headset. Within that window, navigate to the ‘General’ tab.
- Next, inside that tab go to the ‘Controller Information’ section and then click the ‘Properties’ button.
- As you click on that button, then a new ‘HyperX 7.1 Audio Properties’ dialog box will appear. Inside it, go to the ‘Drivers’ tab and then click on the ‘Update Driver…’ button.
- At last, wait for some time and let the update process of the microphone to complete and then check if it is working or not.
6: Inspect the headset audio settings within the Game
Whenever the audio settings of a certain game are not correctly configured then the error HyperX Cloud 2 mic not working windows 10 may come up. The only way to resolve this problem is to inspect the audio settings of the headset within the game and set it correctly. In order to do that, follow the steps provided below.
- First, with the help of Cortana try to interact with the laptop and see if the device is responding to your queries or not.
- If communication with Cortana is flawless, but, you still cannot chat with others within a certain game, then it can be due to some problems in the game’s audio settings.
- To fix that problem, go to the audio settings within the game and see if the microphone is active or not. Also, check if you need to activate the headset mic separately or not.
- If the microphone is active already, then at first disable and re-enable it once again.
- Once the headset microphone activation process is over, next, re-launch the game and see if the mic is working or not.
- Finally, if the above steps do not rectify this issue, then reinstall the game and then inspect whether this problem is still there or not.
7: Update the audio driver of the Computer
Sometimes if the audio driver of the computer is not up to date, then this issue can come up. Now, the best method to get rid of this issue is to perform an audio driver update of the computer. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Go to the Windows logo on the taskbar and then right-click on the same. After that, from the ‘Options’ menu that comes up, locate and click on ‘Search’.
- This action will open the default search section of the Windows. Within that section, type “device manager” and then from the output page choose the ‘Device Manager’ option.
- As you click on that option, then a new window, with ‘Device Manager’ as heading will come up.
- Inside this window, there will be a list full of all devices and their respective drivers on a sublist. Now, from the list navigate to the ‘Sound, video and game controllers’ device and then double-click on the same to reveal its drivers on the sublist.
- Next, from the sublist highlight the audio driver and then right-click on it. From the popup list that appears, click on the ‘Update driver’ option.
- At this time, a new dialog box with two distinct links will come up. Now, out of the two links, tap on the first one that says ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’.
- Windows will automatically look for an update to the audio driver. If there any update available, then those will be downloaded and installed automatically.
- Once the update process is complete, next, reboot the machine and see if the microphone of the HyperX headset is working or not.
8: Re-enable Windows audio Settings
If the computer has some reliable audio controller application then it can override the Windows settings and disrupt the normal sound function of the computer. Due to that disruption, you may get the HyperX headset mic not working problem.
To resolve this problem what you can do is configure the audio settings of Windows. To do it, follow the steps below.
- First, click on the blank area beside the Windows logo on the taskbar to open the default search.
- Once an empty space opens up, next, enter the text “Microsoft privacy settings” and then from the search results page select the ‘Microsoft Privacy Settings’ option.
- When you click on that option, next, a new window with the title ‘Settings’ and heading ‘Privacy’ will come up. Inside that window, you will see a ‘Microphone’ option on the left pane is already chosen and page with a heading ‘Microphone’ is in front of you.
- Now, on that page go to the ‘Let apps use my microphone’ option and see if it is active or not. If the option is not active, then toggle the switch to the right, otherwise, re-enable it once again.
- Lastly, restart the machine and check if the HyperX Cloud 2 headset microphone is working fine or not.
So, whenever your hyperx cloud 2 mic not working, you can follow the given steps. By performing these whole steps you can able to find the solution for hyperx microphone not working issue.