If you play games on your computer with the Razer devices, then it is somewhat necessary for you to install Razer Synapse software. Now, if the razer synapse not working properly, then you cannot use the Razer devices while playing games on the computer. In order to get effective solutions in regards to the Razer Synapse won’t open problem, read the article completely to know why the razer synapse network not available.
About Razer Synapse Software
Razer Synapse is a software that allows you to store all the gaming preferences of the Razer devices on the cloud. So, you can access those preferences from anywhere and play games without having to re-configure everything once again. This application lets you store individual custom settings of various games into the cloud and along with that also the add-ons.
There are two versions of the Razer Synapse software one is the 2.0 and the other is 3 Beta. The Synapse 3 Beta is the successor of the 2.0 version which has a new user interface, advanced macro capabilities, a Razer Hypershift feature, etc.
Razer Synapse not Working: Razer Synapse won’t open Problem
Here, you will get plenty of methods that will help you to easily solve the razer synapse not responding issue or Razer Synapse not Working.
I: Inspection of the Razer Devices
Sometimes, if the Razer devices connected with your computer do not function properly, then the Razer Synapse failed to start the issue can appear. Now, the only solution to resolve this issue is to inspect or check the physical condition of the hardware. Here, you get the process on how to do it.
- First, unplug the Razer device from the computer then wait for 3-5 minutes and reinsert it into the machine. After that try to access the Razer Synapse software. If this process works, then there is no need to follow any other methods.
- Now, if the above process does not work, then, take the Razer device and plug it into other ports of the computer or another machine altogether and check if the problem persists or not.
- After, you plug-in the device on another computer and other ports of your machine and do not encounter this issue. then the specific port on your computer is the culprit, therefore replace it.
- If this problem is still present, then check for any cut marks on the cable of the Razer device. Now, if there is a cut on the outer cladding of the cable, then immediately exchange the Razer device or buy a new one.
II: Install the Razer Synapse application once Again
Sometimes, if the Razer Synapse application has got corrupted somehow, then you might face this problem. The correct solution to fix this issue is to reinstall the Razer Synapse software. The process on how can you do it is as follows.
- First, press the combination of ‘Windows + I’ keys simultaneously. This will open a new window with a heading ‘Settings’.
- Inside this window, there will be all the categories specific to Windows OS that you can alter at your will. Now, out of all the categories select the one that says ‘Apps’.
- When you click on the ‘Apps’ category, next, a new page will appear. Inside that page, move to the left side and choose the ‘Apps & features’ option.
- This action will launch a new page that has a heading ‘Apps & features’. Within that page navigate to the subheading ‘Apps & features’ and then from the list choose the ‘Razer Synapse’ application.
- Now, click on the ‘Uninstall’ button and follow the instructions to completely remove the application form the computer.
- Once the uninstallation process is complete, next, restart the computer.
- As soon as the machine boots up, then launch the web browser and visit the official website of the Razer.
- On the webpage that comes up, go to the search section then type ‘synapse’ and press the ‘Enter’ key.
- At this time, the download page for the current version of the Razer Synapse will come up, which is 3 Beta. On that page, locate the ‘Download Now’ link and click on the same to download the setup file.
- Once the download process of the Synapse 3 Beta setup file is over, next, double-click on it then follow the on-screen information accordingly and install the same.
- Finally, after the installation launch the Synapse 3 Beta application and see if this Razer Synapse not Working error appears or not.
III: Remove every data of Razer Synapse Software
You can get the Razer Synapse not responding problem if some data of this application gets corrupted due to some reason. The usual solution to resolve this glitch is to delete all the files of the Razer Synapse application. In order to do it properly, follow the steps below.
- First, go to the taskbar at the bottom and then click on the ‘File Explorer’ icon.
- Once a new ‘File Explorer’ window opens up, next, type the following path on the address bar – “C:\Program Files\Razer” and press the ‘Enter’ key.
- As soon as you press the ‘Enter’ key, then you can see the contents within the ‘Razer’ folder.
- Now, press the ‘Ctrl + A’ to select all the files and subfolders within the ‘Razer’ folder and then hit the ‘Delete’ key. This action will remove all the contents of the ‘Razer’ directory.
- At last, attempt to launch the Razer Synapse application and inspect whether this glitch is present or not.
IV: Remove the Razer Surround from the Computer
The Razer Surround is the sound enhancement application within the Synapse software that improves the performance of the audio output of the headsets. However, due to some internal problems with this application, you can get this Razer Synapse not Working error.
The effective answer to this problem is to uninstall the Razer Surround application from the machine. To perform the uninstallation process follow the steps below.
- First, press the ‘Windows + R’ keys together to open the ‘Run’ dialog box.
- In the ‘Run’ dialog box, type the ‘control panel’ and then tap on the ‘OK’ button. This will launch the new ‘Control Panel’ window.
- Within that window, navigate to the ‘Programs’ category and click on the same. Once you do that, next, a new page will come up, in it, click on the ‘Programs and Features’ option.
- Now, a list full of all the installed applications will come up. From that list, locate the ‘Razer Surround’ application and right-click on the same. Next, from the popup menu that appears, tap on the ‘Uninstall’ option.
- If an uninstaller window comes up, then only follow the instructions on your screen and click on the ‘Uninstall’ button.
- Now, wait for the removal process to get over. Once it is complete, next, restart the computer.
- Lastly, locate the Razer Synapse software then try to access it and see if this problem still appears or not.
V: Uninstall the Razer Device Drivers
If the drivers of the Razer devices are not up to date, then you can get the Razer Synapse 3 failed to start the issue. The effective solution to resolve this problem is to remove drivers of the Razer devices from the computer. The steps to uninstall the drivers of Razer devices are here as follows.
- First, navigate to the Windows logo on the bottom-left corner of the taskbar and right-click on it. This will open the ‘Options’ menu.
- From that menu, find and click on the ‘Device Manager’ option. Now, a new window having the title ‘Device Manager’ will come up.
- Inside that window, go to the ‘Human Interface Devices’ device category and double-click to show the drivers within a sublist.
- Now, from the sublist choose the respective driver for the device and right-click on the same. Next, from the popup menu that shows up, click on the ‘Uninstall’ option.
- If a confirmation box appears, then click on the ‘OK’ or ‘Uninstall’ button.
- Repeat the third, fourth and fifth steps to remove the drivers of the following device categories – “Mice and other pointing devices” and “Keyboard”.
- Once the driver uninstallation process is over, next to save the changes to the computer restart it.
VI: Install the drivers of the Razer Devices
Here you will get the steps to install any drivers of the Razer device and get rid of the Razer Synapse 2.0.msi missing problem.
- First, go to the official support website of Razer.
- After that, choose the category of Razer device that you have from the list.
- Now, from the next page that appears, locate the model name of the Razer device and click on the same.
- As soon as you tap on the device, then two links will appear at the top of the new page. Among the two links choose the one that says ‘View software, drivers and updates for download’.
- This will open a download page in a new tab, where, you will get the latest drivers for the specific product on a list.
- After that, from the list that appears, locate a driver for the computer and then tap on the ‘Download’ button present at the right side.
- Once the driver download process is over, next, double-click on the setup file, and run the same. When a new driver installer window comes up, next, follow the steps that appear on the screen and install the driver of the specific Razer device.
VII: Update Windows 10
Sometimes, if the Windows 10 OS is not up to date, then the Razer Synapse network not available issue can appear. The easiest solution for this problem is to perform an update of the Windows. Get steps here to do it.
- Tap on the ‘Windows’ logo to launch the ‘Start’ menu.
- Next, from the menu, locate the ‘Gear’ icon and click on it. This will open the ‘Settings’ window.
- Inside that window, find and choose the ‘Update & Security’ category. At this time, a new page will come up with the heading ‘Windows Update’.
- Within that page, under the ‘Update status’ subheading, click on the ‘Check for updates’ button. This action will automatically let Windows, look for any available updates then show them on a list and begin to download.
- Once all the updates for the Windows OS are complete, next, click on the ‘Restart now’ button.
- When the computer will boot up once again, next, immediately the installation process for all the updates will start.
- Finally, wait for the installation procedure of all the updates to get over and then see if this Razer Synapse not Working issue appears again or not.