In order to fix any settings or to change the password and username of the router, there is a requirement for you to log in to the router configuration page. Even, if you have purchased a new router, then also there is a need for you to enter into the settings page of the device. When you give your router to someone else, also then the login to the settings page is necessary. Similarly, here, you will get the Xfinity router login procedure.
How to access Xfinity Router?
Here, you will get methods to log into the Xfinity router.
Xfinity Admin Tool Login via Web Browser
Here, there will be steps to log into the Xfinity router via the web browser.
- First, open the web browser that you prefer on either the smartphone or computer.
- Next, type the following IP address – ‘10.0.0.1’ on the URL bar of the browser. This action will open the router configuration page with login fields.
- Now, input the login credentials like username and password on the correct fields and click on the ‘Login’ button. The default login credentials of the Xfinity router are as follows – “Username: admin” and “Password: password”.
- As soon as you have entered into the router settings page, then it will prompt you to set up a new user ID and password for the Admin Tool.
- In order to set up login credentials for Admin Tool, navigate to the top right corner of the screen and click on the ‘Change Password’ link.
- At this time a new page will appear with the heading ‘Troubleshooting > Change Password’. Inside that page, put the present password in the ‘Current Password’ field.
- After that, enter a new password in the ‘New Password’ field with at least one number, eight characters, then both uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Once again, input the new password in the field “Re-enter New Password”. Next, click on the ‘SAVE’ button.
Access Xfinity router IP procedure via the Xfinity My Account Application
You will get steps here on how to access the Xfinity router using the ‘My Account’ application with the mobile device.
- First, if you do have the Xfinity My Account application within the device, then download the same from the official app store.
- Once the download and installation process of this software is complete, next, sign into the Xfinity My Account application.
- Next, choose the ‘Internet’ option from the lower end of the screen. After that, from the new page that appears, choose the ‘Change WiFi Settings’ option.
- On the next page, locate the ‘Other Settings’ option. As soon as you click on that option, then a new page with the heading ‘Other Settings’ will appear, in it, provide the default username and password in the correct field.
- Next, below the login credentials tap on the ‘Go to Admin Tool’ link.
- At last, if you want to change settings then click on the ‘Advanced Settings’ option.