Get Simple Netgear Router Login Procedures Here
When you purchase a Netgear router then to login to the device, there is a need to know the procedure. Even, if you want to change the configuration of the router, then also the process to login to the router configuration page is a requirement. When you handover the router to someone else, then to set the new configuration for the user, he/she requires the knowledge to log in to the Netgear router settings page. Here, there will be extensive procedures that will help you to get the knowledge in regards to the Netgear router login page.
Methods to log in to the Netgear Router
Get plenty of methods here on how login to the Netgear router in a simple manner.
Find the Netgear Router address for Windows
Here, you will get steps to get the IP address of the Netgear router. So follow along.
- First, click on the ‘Windows’ logo present on the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- After that, a ‘Start menu’ will appear, in it, go to the left pane and click on the ‘Gear’ icon present above the ‘Power’ icon.
- As soon as you click on that icon, then a new window having the title ‘Settings’ will come up. Inside that window, locate and choose the ‘Network & Internet’ category setting.
- At this moment, a new page will come up, in it, go to the bottom and click on the ‘View your network properties’ link.
- This action will open a new page with many sections for the network. On that page, navigate to the ‘WiFi’ section and note down the address associated with the ‘Default gateway’ field.
Get Netgear Router address for Macintosh
There will be steps here to get the address of the Netgear router for Macintosh.
- First, on the desktop go to the upper left edge and then click on the ‘Apple’ logo. This will open a drop-down menu.
- From that menu, locate and select the ‘System Preferences…’ option. As soon as you click on that option, then a new window will appear with the name ‘System Preferences’ will come up.
- Inside the window, find and choose the ‘Network’ option. Once you click on that option, next, the network settings page will come up.
- Within that new page, go to the bottom and then click on the ‘Advanced’ button. This action will open up a new pop up window with several tabs. Among those tabs choose the one that says ‘TCP/IP’.
- Under this tab, locate the ‘Router’ field and note down the address of the device.
Steps to open the Netgear router login page
There will be steps here to launch and log in to the router configuration page.
- First, open the web browser on your computer that you prefer. Be sure the machine is connected to the router’s network.
- Next, on the URL bar of the browser type the router IP address i.e 192.168.1.1 or 192. 168.0.1. These addresses are the ones of which you have taken a note from previous two methods for Windows and Mac respectively. You can enter the following the URL like “http://www.routerlogin.net” or “http://www.routerlogin.com”
- After entering the router IP address, press the ‘Enter’ button. As soon as you do that then the router configuration page will appear with a prompt to enter the login credentials.
- Within that prompt, input the default username and password in the correct fields. The default login credentials for the Netgear router are as follows – “Username – admin” and “Password – password”.
- At last, click on the either Log In or OK button.