My Quick Converter is an application that gives users access to the file conversion website, which is claimed by its developer. However, when you download and install this application, then it can hijack your web browser and alter the homepage, new tab, each engine settings.
Due to this kind of nature, My Quick Converter is known as the potentially unwanted program. This application can come along with a software bundle that you download from any other unreliable site and not the official one. Even sometimes, if you get this software from the web store of some popular browsers, then also it can harm the browser application itself. Here are the steps to remove My Quick Converter application from the computer.
What problems do you face after the installation of My Quick Converter Application?
You can get into various kinds of issues once the installation of this PUP software is complete. As mentioned earlier that My Quick Converter application takes over the functionalities of the browser’s ‘search engine’, ‘homepage’ and etc.
Thus, this forceful hijacking gives the developers ample opportunities to direct you to unreliable websites that are full of advertisements and also to spy on your web browsing activity. Sometimes you can popup ads, text links to some other websites, etc.
Due to this kind of behavior from the My Quick Converter application, if you are not cautious, then your personal data can be in jeopardy and even there can be monetary loss also.
How to remove My Quick Converter?
You will multiple methods here to delete this potentially unwanted program from the computer and any type of web browsers.
Manually delete the My Quick Converter Application
The best thing to delete this type of PUP application from the computer is via the Control Panel This method is the manual way to get rid of any software from Windows. In order to know the process follow the steps below.
- First, click on both the keys ‘Windows + R’ simultaneously. This action will open up a new dialog box with the title ‘Run’.
- Inside that dialog box write the text “control panel” on the empty area beside the ‘Open:’ label and then click on the ‘OK’ button. As soon as you click on that button, then a new ‘Control Panel’ window will come up.
- Within that window, locate and click on the ‘Programs’ setting category. This will open a new page, in it, find and click on the ‘Programs and Features’ link.
- Once you click on the said link, next, a new page with a list full of all the applications installed within the computer will come up.
- Now, from the list locate the ‘My Quick Converter’ and then right-click on the same. At this time from the popup menu that appears, select the ‘Uninstall option.
- You will now get an uninstaller window. In that window follow the instructions that come up on the screen and accordingly click on the ‘Uninstall’ button. Wait for the removal process of this software to get over.
- Repeat the fifth and sixth steps of this method to remove any other PUP software from the machine.
- Lastly, restart the computer and see if this PUP still appears or not.
Remove any malicious URL from the browser Shortcuts
After the deletion of the PUP application from the computer, you need to delete the malicious URL present inside the shortcuts of the infected web browser. Get steps here on how to do it.
- First, locate the shortcut of the web browser that is infected by this PUP application.
- After that, right-click on that shortcut and then from the popup menu choose the ‘Properties’ option.
- As soon as tap on that option, then a new ‘Properties’ dialog box will come up. Inside that dialog box, find and choose the ‘Shortcut’ tab.
- Under this tab, navigate to the ‘Target:’ field and then remove the malicious path after the main URL of the browser.
- Repeat the previous step for all types of web browsers that were infected by the ‘My Quick Converter’.
Uninstall My Quick Converter from Google Chrome
To remove My Quick Converter from Chrome, you need to delete extensions related to this PUP application and then reset the browser. To do that follow the sub methods below.
Set the homepage Correctly
If the PUP application has altered the homepage of Chrome forcefully, then follow the steps below.
- Open the Google Chrome browser then go to the top right corner and choose the ‘three vertical dots’.
- As you click on that button, then a new drop-down menu will appear. Now, from that menu, locate and choose the ‘Settings’ option.
- This action will launch a new ‘Settings’ page, in it, go to the ‘On startup’ section. Under this section, find the ‘Open a specific page or set of pages’ radio button and then below it choose the ‘Use current pages’ link.
- Now, just after the radio button, there will be a list full of all the websites that you have visited. From that list, find the malicious website URL and then delete it. Repeat this procedure for all the malicious URLs.
- Next, after the list of websites, click on the ‘Add a new page’ link and then write the full URL of the website which you want as the homepage and hit the ‘Add’ button.
- Go in the upward direction until you see the ‘Search engine’ section. Then, in that section select the ‘Manage search engines’ option.
- In the new page that appears, go to the ‘Default search engines’ section and then remove all the URLs present in it except the Google one.
Remove the Malicious Extensions
To delete the malicious plugins follow the steps below.
- Click on the “3 vertical dots” on the upper-right corner of the Chrome and then go to the ‘More Tools’ option. This will open a new sub-menu
- Now, from that sub-menu select the ‘Extensions’ option. As soon as you click on that option then a new ‘Extensions’ page will come up.
- Inside that page, search for ‘My Quick Converter’ and other malicious add-ons and click on the ‘Remove’ button.
- At last, once the removal of all the extensions is over, then restart the browser.
Reset the Google Chrome
Here, you will get steps to reset the Google Chrome browser.
- Launch Google Chrome and then enter the following URL on the address bar – “chrome://settings” and press the ‘Enter’ key.
- This action will open the ‘Settings’ page. On that page go to the top-left corner of the page and click the ‘three horizontal bars’.
- Once you click on those bars, next, a left panel will come up. Within that panel, locate and tap on the ‘Advanced’ option.
- Next, choose the ‘Reset and clean up’ option. This will take you to the ‘Reset and clean up’ section.
- Inside that section, choose the ‘Restore settings to their original defaults’ option. At this time a new dialog box will appear, in it, click on the ‘Reset settings’.
From Mozilla Firefox delete My Quick Converter
In order to remove My Quick Converter from Firefox, you need to delete the extensions and change the homepage then set the browser once again.
Removal of Add-ons
To get rid of all the PUP extensions like the My Quick Converter from the Mozilla Firefox, follow the below steps.
- First, open the Mozilla Firefox browser and then go to the top right corner and click on the menu icon that represents ‘three horizontal lines’.
- This will open a drop down menu and in it, select the ‘Add-ons’ icon. When you click on that icon, next, a new page will come up.
- Inside that new page, go to the left pane and choose the ‘Extensions’ option. After that, move to the right side and locate the ‘My Quick Converter’ extension. Then, tap on the ‘Remove’ button.
- Repeat the last step to get rid of all the malicious extensions in relation to this PUP application.
Set the browser to default Homepage
Here, there will be information to set the Mozilla Firefox browser to a default homepage. For that to happen, follow the steps below.
- First, move to the upper right corner of the Firefox, and then choose the ‘Options’ item.
- Once you click on that item, next, a new ‘Options’ dialog box will appear. In this dialog box, click on the ‘General’ tab.
- Under that tab, go to the ‘Home Page:’ field and click on the ‘Restore to Default’ button.
- Finally, to apply any changes on the browser tap on the ‘OK’ button.
Set the Mozilla Firefox to Default Settings
Here are the steps to reset the Mozilla Firefox.
- Click on the menu icon and then choose the ‘Question Mark’ icon. As you click on that icon, then a new ‘Help’ drop-down menu will appear on the top of the main menu.
- Next, from the ‘Help’ menu, locate and choose the ‘Troubleshooting Information’ option.
- When you click on that option, next, a new page will come up, in it, go to the ‘Reset Firefox to its default state’ section.
- Within that section, hit the ‘Reset Firefox…’ button. Then, on a new dialog box that appears, press the ‘Reset Firefox’ button once again.
- At last, once the reset process is complete, launch the Firefox and see if this problem reappears or not.