Why is Modern Warfare Crashing & How can you Solve this?
Modern warfare players often face unusual crashes on their computers. Even if it is in single-player mode still the crashes can be seen. However, many times you won’t even get the error. Now, these crashes can be caused due to different problems. Here, the problems and how you can fix them are given below. So, let’s try to resolve Modern Warfare crashing PC.
The problem which causes Modern Warfare crashes
The users often face these problems, and these are very common. Often it has been seen that the problem is caused due to hardware issues. In this case, you need to make sure that your computer meets at least the minimum requirements. The problems can be:
- It is possible that the video drivers or the audio drivers are outdated.
- The problem can also be caused due to the texture quality.
- Many times the gamers overclock the system. Hence, causing CPU overclocking. This may lead to modern warfare crashing PC.
- It can also be possible that the operating system that you are using is not good enough, hence, can lead to crashes.
- The problem can also be caused due to the running tab in the background. To solve the problem of Modern Warfare crashes you need to shut down the tabs.
- Often it has been seen that the game is running in the wrong mode. Or, it has been seen that the reason for the issue is the gaming mode.
How can you solve the problem of Modern Warfare crashing?
The errors are already mentioned above. Over here we are about to discuss how to solve the problems or get rid of them. The points are listed below:
You need to close all the apps running in the background completely
It is very important to close all the apps that are running in the background. In most cases, it has been seen that Modern Warfare crashing PC due to this reason. This is the simplest way you can get rid of the error, a very easy solution. Press ctrl+shift+esc together, this way can shut down all the applications. If you are using any antivirus, first you need to close that. It might be possible that it can overprotect and cause more issues.
The device driver needs to be up-to-date
Most often the user faces this video game crashing due to not updating the device driver i.e. your graphic driver. To your knowledge, the most important element to determine the gaming performance is the graphics card (GPU). So, it is very common that if the graphic card is not updated, then the user can face the error. The error can also be caused due to a corrupted driver. In two main ways, you can update the driver — first by manually and the second automatically.
From the manufacturer’s website download the latest and the right graphic driver, they are NVIDIA and AMD. Then, after downloading you have to install the driver manually. might be time-consuming. As the manufacturers keep releasing new updates to fix the performance and also the bug, so you need to check for updates from time to time.
This process is very easy and much easier than updating manually. You just need to download it and have to run any third-party app. Then, it will recognize your system and will find the right driver for it. Side by side you can also update the other drivers.
The steps are given below.
- First, you need to download and then install the third-party application.
- Start the application and then click on the ‘scan now’ button. This will help to scan your computer and detect if there is any problem with the driver.
- Then to initiate the step, you need to click on the update button. You will see that the right driver is downloaded. If you want, you can also click on the update all button. This will make sure that all outdated drivers are updated on your computer.
- Finally, you have to restart the computer for the changes.
Fix the texture quality to high or normal to get rid of the problem
Often it has been seen that the players have set the graphic settings to low. And, this can be the reason for modern warfare crashing PC. Not having enough texture can definitely cause an error. In most cases setting the texture resolution to normal or too high solves the problem, but of course, depending on your PC specs.
- First, you need to open Modern Warfare and have to go to the options. Then, you need to select the game settings, and then graphics to initiate the process.
- There you will see the ‘details and texture’ tab. Under that tab, you will find texture resolution. Keep the texture resolution high or normal.
- Everything can be kept in the lowest setting except the texture filter. You are also advised to turn off the sync every frame.
You can also go for the option scan and repair
This is also a very simple and easy method and you can always try when you are facing this game crashing issue. It may be possible that corrupt game files can be the reason for modern warfare crashing PC issues. Different digital services have different ways to solve the problem.
First, you have to go to the game library. Then, right-click on modern warfare. You will see the properties option. Select the properties option, and then go to the local files tab. Now, click ‘verify the integrity of game files’.
On Blizzard Battle,
First, you need to locate modern warfare and click on options to go to scan and repair.
You need to stop overclocking your CPU
Overclocking your CPU will make your game unstable but it can improve your performance. This instability can cause modern warfare to crash. If you see that after overclocking your CPU the modern warfare starts crashing, then by using default settings you can try lowering it. This will help you to get rid of the modern warfare that you are experiencing.
You can also disable NVIDIA V-SYNC
This V-Sync can interfere with modern warfare. So, you need to turn it off and see if the crashing issue still persists or not. If the V-Sync is turned on, then you can disable it by following these major steps.
- You have to right-click on the desktop and then select the NVIDIA control panel.
- Then, you have to go to the 3D settings which are on the left side of the panel by clicking on manage 3D settings.
- Now, you have to select the program settings and have to add modern warfare.
- If you move downwards you will see vertical sync. You need to turn it off. Then, you have to click to apply.
You can also disable Discord to solve the problem
You need to disable the in-game overlay if you are using any overlay features like discord.
- First, you have to open the Discord and then click on the settings icon.
- Then, you have to navigate to the overlay tab which is on the left side of the pane.
- Now, disable ‘enable in-game overlay’ in the game.
Change the priority
You have to set the priority of modern warfare ‘high’. It will help to reduce the Modern Warfare crashing PC issue that the users are facing.
- First, you need to open the game, and then have to go to the task manager.
- Then, you have to press ctrl+shift+esc and go to the Details tab.
- Now, you have to locate the warfare welfare and right-click to select the priority. Simply, change it to high.
- After changing the priority see if still, the error is showing or not.
So, this was all about the error or the issues caused. Also, how these issues can be solved is also given. Follow the instructions given to get rid of the problem. The problems are very common among the users. So, implementing the solutions to the problems, that are given above, will eliminate all the hassle.