When you see that the Razer synapse is not detecting your mouse, it can be caused due to various reasons. Further, it can be a result of the problem associated with the device management program. Further, the problem can also be created due to incompatibility between synapse, Windows or the device driver. You just need to keep your system updated to eliminate this error.
However, there can be a problem with the bad USB ports. But, don’t worry, some solutions are given below that will help you out. These are very easy steps and your Razer problems can be solved very quickly.
Fixes to the Problem — Razer Synapse not Detecting Mouse
Many users rather game lovers use Razer Synapse and Razer mouse to maximize the output of gaming devices. Though people are getting issues using it and the error Razer Synapse not detecting the mouse can be very disturbing. The solutions that will solve your problem are listed below.
Many users have tried the below fixes and got the best results. You just need to follow the instructions accordingly.
1. You should check the Hardware
Often it has been seen that the main reason for not detecting the mouse by Razer Synapse is your hardware connection. To solve this problem you need to try a few things.
First, you can try using another USB port. It can be possible that because of the damaged USB ports the mouse is not being detected by your computer. Hence, connect it again with a new USB port.
Second, you can also try to connect to a new computer. It is often seen that the fault is within the computer and hence the mouse cannot be detected. You can be sure of this if the mouse can be detected by another computer. If it is still not working then you can follow the other fixes given below.
2. Get rid of the problem by uninstalling the Razer Synapse
You can also go for uninstalling the Razer Synapse to solve the problem of the Razer Synapse not detecting mouse issues. And, the steps are given below.
- First, from the keyboard, you need to press the Windows key+R key together and the Run dialog box will appear on your screen. Now, type ‘appwiz.cpl’ and then click OK or Enter.
- Then, the Programs and Features box will appear, and you have to find Razer Synapse from the program list. Finally, uninstall it from your computer.
- Now, go to the program files and click on the hidden items so that all the files appear. Thus, you can delete all the files. Go to the program data and check the hidden items to delete all the files.
After completing all the steps you need to restart your computer. Now, see if the Razer Synapse is detecting the mouse or not.
3. You can also go for reinstalling the device drivers
If the driver is corrupted then it can also be the reason behind the Razer Synapse not detecting the mouse. In this case, you have to uninstall the device driver and again reinstall it to fix the problem. And, the steps are given below.
- You need to first press the Windows+R key to open the Run dialog box. Now, type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press Enter key to go to the Device Manager.
- Now, the Device Manager will appear on your screen. You need to search mice and other pointing devices and double-click on it, to expand it.
- Then, a list will appear and you have to click on the option ‘Uninstall the Device’. Finally, you have to restart the computer.
This will reinstall the driver that will help you to solve the Razer Synapse not detecting mouse problem. Now, check if the Razer Synapse is detecting the mouse or not.
4. Update the Razer device driver
If the above solution doesn’t work then you can go for updating the Razer device driver. There are two ways to update the Razer mouse, either manually or automatically.
The manually update part is a bit time taking. You have to go to the manufacturer’s website and find the latest version for your mouse. Then, you have to install it on your computer. It is a bit time-consuming, and you should know some computer skills as well.
The automatic part is easier. You just need to install any third-party application, and it will update the device automatically. It will recognize your system and will find the correct drivers for it. And, the steps are given below:
- First, you need to download the third-party application, and then you need to install it.
- Open it and click on the Scan button. It will then scan the computer and will also detect if there is any problem with the driver or not.
- Click the Update button and it will automatically download the correct version for your computer. If you have a pro version, then you can go for the ‘Update all option’ to download and install the correct version for your system.
Finally, restart the computer to save all the changes. Now, try to connect the mouse to see if the Razer Synapse is detecting the mouse or not.
5. You can also temporarily disable the antivirus program
It is often seen that the antivirus programs are preventing the mouse from being detected by Razer Synapse. So, to solve the problem you can temporarily disable the antivirus from your computer, and then try to connect the mouse.
So, these are some of the fixes that will solve the error of the Razer Synapse not detecting mouse. This is a common problem and many people have solved this error using these solutions. Simply, do follow the suggestions and act as per the instruction.