URL:MAL is basically the name of a threat that AVG and Avast antivirus suites usually detect. This warning is very rare and is typically delivered when users try to visit unofficial or unauthorized sites. If you encounter these warnings anyhow, you should understand that the website you are currently trying to visit is malicious and that is the reason you are getting this warning.
URL:MAL is a strong treat. Avast and AVG suites deliver these warnings just to prevent the upcoming trouble for your PC. In short, Avast and AVG try to protect you by giving such warnings. It’s you who needs to understand that your computer has got some unwanted Adware applications that are often referred to as PUAs and your system is in danger.
It’s quite common if you get these warnings but when you are getting this frequently, you must take necessary steps to remove them from your device.
How does URL:MAL Infect Your PC?
There are a lot of users who get url:mal pop ups on their PC but don’t understand the reason behind it. As a result they ignore this matter. But the virus draws their attention when the system is fully infected by the url:mal virus. So the question is how they infect your system and how your PC gets infected by the url:mal virus.
URL:MAL is a very dangerous threat. This threat is basically developed by remote hackers with the intention to damage your computer completely. If you get this pop up quite often in your system, do not ignore it. Cause the risk level is very high with this threat and you should never overlook it.
It completely damages your system by corrupting the operating system. It smartly hides itself under the hidden location of the system hard drive. URL:MAL virus has been seen demanding money to recover the device after it got locked. It has the permission to enter a user’s system without that user’s consent and destroy it gradually.
Signs to Recognize the Existence of URL:MAL Threat Infection
Once the URL:MAL enters your system, it starts behaving very oddly. It’s very important for you to figure out what’s actually wrong. For that you need to know the symptoms first. You may encounter these following situations when your device is infected with the url:mal threat-
- You will get to see a lot of unexpected messages on your computer screen, which are unwanted as well.
- Programs will start running automatically without your consent.
- Windows may shut down all of a sudden.
- URL:MAL has the ability to disable the Firewall security.
- You may get to hear some unexpected sounds.
- The file format may be changed that you have stored in your device.
- It will take a lot of time to load the entire system.
- The main problem you will face is that you will not be able to browse the internet. As it corrupts Google Chrome, IE, Mozilla, Firefox, etc.
- Another scary thing you may notice is that all your sensitive information is leaked without your consent. URL:MAL tends to steal your personal information like username, password, credit card number, etc. Once they get it all, they transfer it to the remote servers.
- Multiple unwanted ads will irritate you to another level and if you click on them, this will redirect you to the unauthorized websites.
- Once URL:MAL has damaged your system and locked your device, it demands money to recover your system.
Follow these Instructions to Eliminate the URL:MAL Threat from your Device
As you have understood how dangerous this virus is, you must take the necessary steps in order to remove them. You can perform the task in two methods. One is the instant automatic method and the other is the manual method.
Automatic Way of URL:MAL Threat Removal
There are few antivirus tools that are known for their good work and one of them is Malwarebytes.
Take Help of Malwarebytes to Get Rid of the URL:MAL Virus Alerts
Malwarebytes is a very famous and effective anti-malware tool for Windows users. It automatically detects the virus threats in your system and destroys them. Many other software are definitely there to perform this job but Malwarebytes focuses on all small unusual activities happening inside your system that other software simply overlook. So you are recommended to download the Malwarebytes application for free to fight against the malware in your system.
When you install Malwarebytes for the first time, you will be given a 14 days of free trial of the premium version. So that you can experience the goodness of this tool for yourself and decide if you want to use the premium version in near future.
The premium version includes features like real-time scanning, specific protection from ransomware. On the other hand, the free version of Malwarebytes includes features like detection and clean up of malware infections.
Note: Malwarebytes can run alongside other antivirus software without causing any conflict.
- First, download Malwarebytes and then double-tap on the mb3-setup-consumer-x.x.x.xxxx.exe file to install. You can also search for the downloaded file in the Downloads Folder option.
- When asked to allow Malwarebytes to access your device, tap on Yes.
- After starting the installation process, you will notice the Malwarebytes Setup Wizard. This setup wizard will give you instructions to complete the installation process.
- Now, hit on the Agree and Install button.
- After installing the application, the Malwarebytes will be opened and the antivirus database will get updated automatically
- Next, click on the Scan Now option to perform a clean scan on your device. This can be time-consuming so wait for it to complete. Or you can complete some other tasks too but keep checking the status.
- Once the scanning process completes, you will get to see a screen that will display the virus detected by Malwarebytes.
- Now it’s time for you to throw that virus out of your system. To do so, select the Quarantine Select button. This will allow Malwarebytes to eliminate all the malicious files and the registry keys that it has detected.
- To complete the process, Malwarebytes will instruct you to reboot your device. Do that and your device will be virus-free.
Manual Way of URL:MAL Threat Removal
URL:MAL virus redirects you to unauthorized websites. To stop this, you need to correct the settings of your web browser. To do so, follow the steps below-
Remove URL:MAL from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer, at the top right corner, loof for the Gear icon and tap on it.
- After that, select the Manage Add On option.
- A list of all the suspicious browser extensions will appear now, select the name of the extensions that you wish to remove from your browser and then click on Remove.
Windows XP Users
- Click Start and then tap on the Run option.
- In the opened Window, type, Inetcpl.cpl.
- After this clock on the Advanced Tab
- Hit on Restart.
Windows 7 and Windows Vista Users
- Look for the Windows logo and click on it.
- When the Search Box appears, type Inetcpl.cpl in it and press Enter.
- In the opened window, search for the Advanced Tab and then hit the Reset icon.
Windows 8 Users
- As usual, open the Internet Explorer and hit on the Gear icon.
- Look for the Internet option in the list and click on it.
- Next, select the Advanced tab in the opened window.
- After that, you need to hit the Reset button.
- When asked for confirmation, again hit the Reset button.
Remove URL:MAL from Google Chrome
- You have to open Chrome first. For this hit on Chrome’s main menu button. The button has three horizontal lines in it.
- This will allow the drop-down menu to pop up. Select the Settings option here.
- When the Settings tab opens up, scroll down the page and look for the Advanced link. Click on it.
- After this, Chrome’s Advanced settings will appear. Keep scrolling until you find out the Reset and Clean Up section. Hit on the Reset Settings to Their Original Defaults option.
- Chrome will now present a confirmation dialogue in front of you. To ask you whether you want to restore the components to their default state. If your answer is yes, tap on the Reset Settings option.
Remove URL:MAL from Mozilla Firefox
- Hit on the Firefox menu first. This is situated in the top right corner of the main window. Here, you will get to see a list. Tap on the Add Ons option.
- In the opened window, click on Extensions and delete all the suspicious plugins that you have recently installed.
- Or you can open the Firefox menu first and then, click on Help.
- Here, highlight the Troubleshooting Information option and tap on it. This will open up a window for you.
- Scroll through the Window and select the Refresh Firefox button.
- When Firefox will ask you whether you want to reset the Mozilla Firefox settings to default or not, confirm by taping the Refresh Firefox button.
Now you have successfully performed the assigned task. You can choose any of the methods mentioned above. If you are too lazy to perform the steps manually you can surely go for the automatic option.
How did Adware Install on your Computer and how can you Prevent your Computer from them?
As you know Adware software is one of the reasons that your system has virus-like url:mal, it’s very important for you to know more about them. Adware software is software that displays unwanted ads and other commercials on your screen. When Adwares pop up into your browser screen, money gets generated illegally. The developers of such websites and software know it very well that users rush the download or installation processes and even skip many steps after that. They exactly point out this mistake and use it as an advantage.
Remember that, this adware hides under the Custom/Advanced settings section. Clicking on various unknown ads also causes you this issue.
Maybe you have downloaded something from an unofficial website or visited any unauthorized site. Try not to do this. Because these are the reasons that your device is badly affected by the Adware.
To prevent your device from this malicious software all you need to do is be a little careful while surfing the internet. You never know what can get you in trouble. So never visit any unofficial website or webpage. Make sure you download everything from an authorized source and avoid using the Peer to Peer networks.
Whenever you see any suspicious ads, report that. You will see this kind of ad on the illegal web pages. These web pages mainly promote online adult dating, gambling, and a lot more illegal stuff.
If you notice a web browser is redirecting you to the wrong sites then there are chances that the web browser is engaged with PUA.
You can control the situation by checking your PC wisely and point out the suspicious plugins, add ons and extensions. Make sure to remove them.
We will suggest you keep your device always clean and safe and for this, you may use the Spyhunter application. This will detect any unusual activity happening inside your system and remove any suspicious thing from your device.
Mostly the Adwares and the other malicious applications are the main reason to diffuse the internet browsers and they perform this task through free software downloads. You should always keep in mind that the safest source for downloading any software or file or whatever is the websites that the developers of that particular software or file recommends.
Remember to check the Custom and Advanced option while trying to install any previous programs. This will let you know if there is any unwanted application or virus hidden or not. And you can act accordingly. If you still having problems regarding the removal of URL:MAL virus threat, you may contact the Malware Support Forum for instant assistance.