In this era of technology, it is needless to say that without the internet, daily work is a struggle, as most of our works are on the basis of the internet. Avast Secure Browser serves the purpose of giving internet browsing. However, Avast Secure Browser is a pre-installed application on the OS itself.
But, in the recent timeline, Avast launched another browser called Avast Safe Zone Browser. As suggestive is the name, it is. This newly launched browser aims to keep the browsing session as secure as possible. And not only does it get rid of any external threats, but it also prevents the OS from any third-party intrusion.
What is Avast Safezone Browser?
Let us see what is avast safe zone browser. Avast Safezone Browser is a browser for web surfing purposes that is specially built to enhance privacy and security. The parameters of the browser are made specifically to give more security while surfing the internet.
However, Avast Secure Browser was known as Avast Safezone Browser which was also a paid version initially before Avast started compiling with free versions in the year of 2016, March.
Key Features of Avast Safezone Browser:
The reason why Avast Safezone is profoundly popular is that it provides an extensive amount of features. These features make internet surfing much easier. The advantage of having these features in a simple navigation menu makes each operation accessibly easy.
Here are some features that make Avast Safezone Browser comparatively better:
1. The Browser Has Integration With Security: As the browser itself has integration with the Avast Antivirus, it dissolves and removes any threats immediately.
2. Avast Bank Mode: The “Bank Mode” in Avast Safezon Browser, specifically ensures safety from intruders or hosts from capturing personal information. This mode gets activates automatically when a user visits a bank website.
3. Blocks Flash Player: This function stops the working of the flash player to enable a secure web browsing session. Additionally, it prevents the vulnerable features of the browser from any misuse.
4. Ad Blocking: As you know, ads and pop-ups are annoying and tend to come up with almost everything while surfing a site. This function blocks the ads so that you can surf without distraction.
5. Phishing Block: This mode allows protection against websites that are harmful. In short, it compares the URL of the website you’re visiting, with the list of all the harmful websites. Then, it restricts you from visiting them.
Do Avast Safezone Browser acts as a VPN?
Avast Safezone Browser has this key feature where the web surfing session is isolated when you enter into important sites where transactions are possible. Sites such as online shopping sites, banking sites, etc.
Safezone Browser uses a feature called “Sandbox” for web sessions. This feature creates an isolated space when you are downloading a file from the internet, or even visiting a website. This space created, is virtual. As a result, the limit to the access of your personal data on the PC or web browser decreases.
This feature prevents malware attacks and malicious files from entering the system. This feature is exclusive of the Antivirus function that is already inbuilt. For this, the security measures of the browser are relatively higher.
Avast Secure Browser vs Avast Safe Zone Browser
Avast Secure Browser has more or less the same features as Avast Safezone Browser. This is because Avast Safezone was updated into Avast Secure Browser at the year of 2016.
However, the graphical and operational navigation of both are different. While Avast Secure Browser is like Google Chrome Browser, Avast Safezone Browser is like the Chromium Browser.
Ways to Install Avast Safe Zone Browser?
If you want to install Safezone browser for the system, then you can do it in the following way:
- Go to the official website of Avast and look for the Avast Safezone Browser.
- Download the setup file.
- Install the browser after the download is complete.
- Surf the internet right away!
Keep in mind that the browser requires permission from you to work better. Hence, allow the installation. Additionally, you will get the Antivirus features along with it as well.
How to Uninstall Avast Secure Browser?
If you are planning to uninstall the avast secure browser, regardless of the reason, here’s what you need to do:
- The first thing you need to do is to stop all the programs that are related to Avast. Then, from the “Start” menu, go to “Control Panel’. After that click on the option called “Programs”.
- Among the list of all the applications, choose the “Avast Secure Browser” and then choose the “Uninstall’ option by right-clicking on it.
- After this, restart the computer as you have done the avast secure browser uninstall process.
Remove Additional Avast Secure Extensions
To remove the additional extensions of Avast Secure Browser,
- Open the “Google Chrome” browser and go to “Settings”. From there, click on “More Tools” and then select “Extensions”. Among the list of all the extensions, select the “Avast Secure Browser” extension and then click on the “Uninstall” option.
- After that, restart the computer once again.
Availability of Avast Safezone Browser and Avast Secure Browser
Avast Safezone browser is currently unavailable for users who have not installed the previous versions of Avast. The browser is only available to users having Avast already.
However, Avast Secure Browser will be made available to everyone in the near future regardless of having the previous versions of Avast or not.