Twitch TV is a streaming platform for gamers. Basically Twitch TV is a subsidiary from the house of Amazon. Twitch TV broadcast gameplay videos as well as live gameplay over the server. In addition to that, there is no specific genre for the gameplay videos that are broadcasted on the server. However, if you are a new user for Twitch TV, then this guide will help you. As in here, we have provided all the procedures that you can perform for Twitch TV Activate (twitch.tv/activate) on various devices.
Creating an Account on the Twitch TV:
First thing, before you go for the Twitch activate process, you need to have an account. So to create an account you can either do this by going to the www.twitch.tv/activate and then create an account or you can download the application from the official website and then create the account. Follow the steps you can perform to create an account.
- First, you have to open the Twitch TV application or open their website from the browser.
- Click on the Sign-Up button.
- In the next window, you have to provide all your personal credentials such as username, password, birth date.
- Alternatively, you can also click on the Facebook or Google+ button to take all the credentials from them and thereby logging in to the Twitch TV.
- Once all the above steps are complete you can now go with the activating processes given below.
Procedures to Activate Twitch TV on different Devices:
Here we have provided all the instructions that you can implement for Twitch TV Activate on various devices.
Activate Twitch TV on Amazon Firestick:
As we mentioned above, Twitch is the subsidiary of Amazon. Therefore the steps to activate the Twitch in Amazon Firestick are given below.
- Plug the Amazon Firestick into the TV and then download the Twitch TV app.
- After that, install it on the device. Once the installation is complete, launch the application.
- Now select on the Sign-up options from the left bottom corner of the Twitch application.
- Navigate to the Twitch.tv/activate from the browser and then log in to the website using the login credentials.
- On the next window, you have to provide the six-digit activation code that is shown on the Twitch link once you logged in, followed by clicking on the Activate button.
- Once the process is complete, you will successfully log in to the Twitch TV on the Amazon Firestick. Now you can go back to your TV and then you can get access to all the features of the Twitch TV on Amazon TV.
Activate Twitch TV on ROKU:
Go through the steps to activate the Twitch TV on Roku.
- First, you have to sign in to the Roku account. If you are a new user then you can also create an account.
- Now from there, you have to visit the Roku Home. Next, you have to find the Channel Store and click on it.
- In the Store, you have to search for Twitch TV, download and install it in the Roku.
- Then go into the Channel option which is under the twisted logo, thereby proceed to get the six-digit activation code.
- Then you have to visit the www.twitch.tv/activate and there you have to sign in to the Twitch account by providing the login credentials.
- After that, you have to provide the six-digit activation code on the window and then click on the Activate button.
- Once the above process is complete you will now activate the Roku. you can now get all the features and optimum performance of the Roku.
Activate Twitch TV on Playstation:
Gamers this is for you, so if you want to stream your gameplays or watch live gameplays using your PS3/PS4, then you can check the steps given below.
- Launch the PlayStation.
- Then you have to open the play store of the PS, then you have to find the Twitch TV application in the store. Download and install the Twitch TV.
- Now you have to visit the Twitch.tv/activate and there you have to sign in to the Twitch account by providing the login credentials. After that six-digit will be shown
- After that, you have to open the downloaded Twitch TV application and then click on the SIgn-in option of the Twitch TV, provide the Login Credentials.
- Now on the next screen, you have to enter the six-digit activation code on the screen.
- Furthermore, the Twitch TV will be activated on the Play Station.
Now you can broadcast all your gameplays as well as you can watch Live gameplays.
Activate Twitch TV on Xbox:
Another step of instructions that you can opt for to activate the Twitch Tv on the Xbox gaming consoles.
- Log in to the Xbox account then you have to go to the dashboard, and click on the Store.
- In the store, go to the Apps section and then search for the “Twitch TV”. Download and install the Application in the system.
- Simultaneously, you have to visit the Twitch.tv/activate and there you have to sign in to the Twitch account by providing the login credentials. After that six-digit will be shown
- Once the installation is complete, launch the application that you have downloaded from the store in the Xbox.
- Now try to log in to the Twitch TV and then you have to enter the six-digit application code and thereby click on the Activate button to perform the activation of the Twitch TV on the Xbox.
- This process will take a while to process. Wait until the process is complete.
Further Configuration of the Twitch TV after the Installation Process:
Once the installation and the activation are complete, if you wish to make further configuration, then you can go through the following processes.
Twitch Extension Installation:
As you know that Extensions in any application can improve the performance of the application. Therefore if you want to install any extension in the application then you can opt for the following processes.
- Open the dashboard of the Twitch.
- From there, you have to open the new “Extension Manager” tab.now you will see two sections of the tab one is “Installed Extensions” and another one is“Available Extensions”.
- To install the Extensions you have to click on the “Install” option which is located on the right side of the Extension card. Alternatively, you can also hit the Install button on the Extension Details page to perform an installation of an extension in the Twitch TV.
- To see the Installed Extensions you have to check the “Installed Extensions” list which is present on the left side of the “Extension Manager” tab of the menu.
- Once the extension is installed, it will show two options, “Continue Browsing” or “Configure” for the Extension.
- So if you select the option “Continue Browsing” then it will redirect you to the current page. However, if you select the “Configure” option, it will open the configuration options to configure the extension that you have installed in the Twitch.
Activation of the Twitch Extension:
Once you have installed the Twitch, now you have to activate the Extension, and for that, you can go through the instruction given below.
- First, you have to click on the “Activate” button, which you can find next to each of the extensions that you have installed. Turn on the extension that you want to use.
- After that, if you have selected to activate an overlay extension, then you will see the option Overlay as the EXTENSION-OVERLAY
- However, if you have selected to activate a panel extension, then you will see a prompt asking you to pick which panel slot you want it to display the panel extension of the Twitch TV.
Perform to Fix if Twitch.tv/activate is not working:
At times, many users have reported that they were facing quite a lot of issues with the Twitch TV to activate. Therefore we have provided all the solutions you can opt for if the Twitch.tv/activate is not working.
Method 1: Reactivate the Device
To reactivate the device and to send the code, first, you have to go to the Menu bar > Twitch > Activation > now an activation code will show up, provide this in the six-code authentication and then check if the problem is solved or not.
Method 2: Change the HDMI cable
Many users have also reported that changing the HDMI cable has solved the issue. As many times the issue is with the Cable.
Streaming On Twitch TV:
Check the process to stream on Twitch TV.
On PS4: While Playing the Game, press the Start Button > Broadcast Gam option > Twitch > Go to the Website > Login.
On Xbox: Open Xbox account > Set Preferences as Live > Everyone and broadcast gameplay > Allow, share content using the Kinect Mode > Allow. Lastly, tick the allow broadcast option.