Simple Guidance to Perform a Discord Clear Chat
Discord is an application that is great to communicate with all your fellow gamers, friends and etc. This application helps you to make a community of like-minded people in an easy way. Even if the Discord application voice chat feature is utilized by most of the gamers but the text message functionality has become popular.
However, because of the collection of so many text messages by Discord members into the server, you need to clean some of the old and inappropriate messages. Here, you will get solutions, on how you do it. So, go through it.
Text Message types within Discord
The Discord application has two types of text messaging capabilities, one is the Direct Messages and the other is Channel Messages. Direct Messaging is a feature that helps to start private communication between two people. Channel Messaging is another feature that initiates a text chat that can be shared with a group present on a certain channel.
Both these type of messages work in a certain way and has different rules. However, at the time when the Discord platform was released, the administrators with the help of native UI can delete bulk messages. But, the deletion of entire bulk messages has created a lot of problems with the databases within Discord. Thus because of this reason, the functionality of message deletion has been removed from the native UI.
How to clear Discord Chat?
Get multiple methods here, on how to delete all messages on Discord.
Deletion of Direct Messages from the Discord Application
There is no way to delete any Direct Messages from Discord. However, there are two capabilities, one is to close the chat panel so that no messages can be seen and the other one is to remove a copy of the messages from the history. Even after applying those two capabilities the messages that you delete remain within the chat history of the other person and also on the Discord server. Here, get the steps on how to do it.
- First, on the Discord application go to the user with whom you have shared a message and right-click on it.
- Next, from the popup menu that appears click on the ‘Messages’ option.
- Now. go to the left side of the Direct Message panel and hover the mouse pointer over the conversation and then click on the ‘X’ button.
- As soon as you click on that button, then the conversation will disappear from the chat history.
Channel Messages deletion Procedure
Here, you will get three sub-methods that will help you to delete all the channel messages from the Discord application.
Channel Clone Procedure
To delete all the messages from a channel all you need to do is to clone the channel. This process basically makes a new copy of the channel without all the old messages within the original one. For that to happen, follow the steps below.
- First, if the channel that you want to clone has any bots, then note them down. Since cloning a channel may not always copy the bots.
- Now, locate the channel that you want to clone and right-click on the same. After that, from the popup menu that appears, choose the ‘Clone Channel’ option.
- Provide a new name to the cloned channel if want to. Once a name is given to the channel, next, click on the ‘Create Channel’ button.
- At this time, remove the original channel.
- Finally, launch the cloned channel then add the bots that you want, and start the conversation.
Utilize A reliable chat clear Bot
You can use a reliable bot to clear all the channel messages from the Discord application. In order to do that first add that reliable bot into the Discord application. The steps are here as follows.
- First, log into the Discord server.
- After that, go to the reliable chat clear bot’s official website.
- Next, within that website locate and choose the ‘Add to Discord’ button. After that, click on the ‘Authorize’ button to let the reliable bot operate on the server.
- At this time, you get the various server options. Among those options, choose the one that is appropriate.
- Now, the website will ask you to grant all the permissions and click on the ‘Authorize’ button. Doing this action will allow you to delete all the messages.
- As soon as the authorization of the reliable clear chatbot is complete, then go to the bot’s control panel and activate the ‘Moderation’ extension.
- At last, once the installation of the reliable chat clear bot is over, next, utilize various commands, in order to delete messages of various channels.
Channel messages manual deletion Procedure
If none of the previous sub-methods can delete the channel messages, then do it manually. There will be steps here on how can you do it.
- First, launch the channel whose messages you want to remove.
- Next, in the channel hover the mouse pointer over the message and check whether 3 dots icons appear on the right side. If that icon comes up, then click on it and choose the ‘Delete’ option from the popup list.
- As soon as you click on the ‘Delete’ option, then a confirmation message box will come up. Within that message box, tap on the ‘Delete’ button.