Many WiFi users want the UPnP Asus router to make their devices more secure. You need to set the encryption of the wireless network as WPA2-AES from the general setting to secure your router.
Although the system offers different encryptions, you can place your system under WPA2-AES encryption. Additionally, it is useful when there is no specific need.
Users must set up individual passwords for their Web GUI and wireless network. Then, they have to use more complex and long passwords to get more security. Lastly, updating the router to the latest OS or firmware will offer more security to your router.
But, if you’re looking for a new router, this blog will guide you about the best UPnP routers from Asus. Check out the options to proceed.
UPnP Asus Router – Best Options available in market
You will get many UPnP routers from Asus since they use the technology for ease of use. Hence, for compatibility, you need to follow the below steps:
- First, go to the Settings page or Web GUI of your Asus router.
- Next, open the Advanced Settings option and select “WAN” from there.
- Lastly, select “Basic Config” on the next screen and then choose the “Enable UPnP” option to turn it on.
So, let’s look at some UPnP Asus router options to get a more secure WiFi connection.
1. Asus Zen WiFi CT8
Asus Zen WiFi CT8 comes with a tri-band mesh system for your whole home. In addition, it will offer coverage of up to 5400 sq. feet with different features.
Some of the features of this UPnP Asus router are:
- 3 SSIDs banish WiFi dead zone
- 4X Gigabit Ports
- Parental Controls
- Life-time free Network Security
Asus Zen WiFi CT8 offers a total of 3000 Mbps wireless speed for hassle-free control. Besides, its 3 steps setup and convenient management with the Asus router application always keep updated protection.
Trend Micro power the lifetime free network security. Moreover, it will ensure your privacy on connected gadgets with parental controls. The URL scheduling and filter permit users to protect their families from unhealthy internet usage and inappropriate content.
2. Asus Zen WiFi ET8
The Asus Zen WiFi ET8 is another strong UPnP Asus router. In addition, this device comes with a WiFi 6E msg system that provides string multi-band WiFi throughout your home. Moreover, it provides a strong selection of Input-Output ports and features parental control applications and free network security.
Here are the pros of Asus Zen WiFi ET8:
- Excellent signal range
- Powerful anti-malware and parental controls
- Multi-gig WAN and USB connectivity
- Strong throughput performance
- Easy to install
This router is the new addition to the Zen WiFi family of mesh systems from Asus. Additionally, designed to offer a seamless house-wide WiFi network, this router provides the latest WiFi 6E technology.
Moreover, it will permit compatible users to connect to it through the 6Ghz radio band.
3. Asus Zen WiFi XD6
Asus Zen WiFi XD6 is neither the cheapest nor the fastest mesh router, but it is still worth your consideration. Like other UPnP Asus router options, you can set it through the router app on iOS or Android devices.
This router series system includes a couple of Asus AX5400 WiFi 6 routers. These devices feature unique technology that offers you a secure, reliable and superfast WiFi connection – outside or inside your home.
Here are the tech specs of the Asus Zen WiFi XD6:
- AiMesh Compatible routers to make flexible and strong whole-home WiFi systems.
- Scheduling and URL filter permit users to protect their families from unhealthy usage behaviour and inappropriate content.
- Always Updated protection powered by Trend micro free cloud-based security.
- Easy management and 3 steps setup with the Asus router app offers you Hassle Free Control.
- Banish WiFi dead zone.
4. Asus Zen WiFi XD4
Asus Zen WiFi XD4, also known as ZenWiFi AX Mini, comes with a combined dual-band router. In addition, it offers internet speed of up to 1800 Mbps of 802.11ax WiFi6 standard. Thus, this router is faster than the existing 802.11ac generation wireless standards.
Being an entry-level model, this UPnP Asus router features some premium specifications, like AiMesh, AiProtection Classic and Smart Connection.
Here are the features of this router:
- Compatible with AiMesh.
- Scheduling and filtering URLs to protect children from inappropriate content.
- Always updated protection with free cloud-based security for a lifetime.
- Banish WiFi dead zone with a unique antenna placement feature.
- Access Point Mode
5. Asus GT-AX6000
Not only a UPnP Asus Router, but GT-AX6000 is also a futuristic ROG rupture gaming router that lets you connect more devices. Hence, this router will upgrade your gaming experience to an advanced level.
Besides, this device is always primed for the largest battles with WiFi 6 speeds up to 6000 Mbps. The unique style, with entirely customised Aura RGB lighting effects and a new black look with re-detachable antennas, makes it popular.
Let’s have a look at the features you will get with this router:
- Minimise latency and lag for mobile gaming with just a click on the Asus router app.
- Acceleration of gaming traffic in each step with triple-level game acceleration.
- High-performance 2.0 GHz quad-core CPU with extreme power.
- Dual 2.5G ports with flexible LAN-WAN network port setup.
- Powerful WiFi 6 to boost speed up to 6000 Mbps with 160 Mhz channels for better throughput and efficiency.
6. Asus RT-AX89X
Asus RT-AX89X can upgrade your large home network speed by creating a connection to your broadband modem and devices.
This UPnP Asus router offers a secure, stable and fast wireless connection. So, you can play online games, broadcast live streams, watch 4K streaming video and do more.
It comes with an 8X8 multi-user MIMO technology with 8 external antennas. Its design can deliver an overall maximum throughput of 6000 Mbps around the 5GHz and 2.4 GHz bands.
Here are the specifications of the Asus RT-AX89X router:
- 2.2GHz Quad-core processor.
- Lifetime free AiProtection Pro.
- Reaching wireless devices with MU-MIMO and OFDMA technology.
- 10GB SFP+ port and 10GB RJ45 port for connecting both fibre and copper cables.
- 8 Gigabit Ethernet ports for connecting gaming console computers and other wired devices directly.
7. ASUS GT-AXE11000
Specifically built for gamers, GT-AXE11000 is a UPnP Asus router useful for homes. Hence, you can use this device for optimal network transfer speed around the network. Moreover, the 11Gbps of data transfer speed of the router is possible through its 6Ghz band.
Here are the features of this router:
- 8X external antenna.
- AX technology.
- Ultimate AX/AXE performance.
- WiFi 6 802.11ax network standard.
All the above-mentioned UPnP Asus router options will boost both signal quality and strength for your home connection. In our opinion, Asus Zen WiFi ET8 is the best one if you are looking for a powerful mesh connection.