Get Solutions to Fix Xbox One Error Code 0x803f8001 Easily
The error code 0x803f8001 can come up on the Xbox One console while you are playing a game. Now, if the game has been left as idle for some time, then this issue can come up also. The full error message that appears, when you get this issue occurs is as follows – “Do you own this game or app? (here the error code will be present)”.
Reasons for the Xbox Error Code 0x803f8001
Here, you will get various reasons why does the Xbox One error code 0x803f8001 occur after all. Some of those causes are as follows.
- If the game is bought by some other member of your family and he/she is not signed into his account, then you can get this problem.
- When there is some internal issue with the Xbox One device, you can even encounter this very problem.
- Even, if some internal files of the game get corrupted, then there is a possibility for you to face this problem.
Solutions to Rectify the Xbox One Error Code 0x803f8001
Here, you will get a variety of methods to fix the Xbox One Error 0x803f8001 in an easy way.
Perform Power Cycle of Xbox One
Sometimes, when some internal component of the Xbox One device starts to malfunction, then there is a chance for you to face this error. The best way to fix this problem is to perform a power cycle of the Xbox One console. In order to do that, for the steps below.
- First, press the power button of the device and hold it down for ten seconds until it is switched off.
- Once the device is shut down, next, remove the power plug from the wall socket and wait for ten seconds.
- When the time is over, next, put the power cable of the console back into the wall socket and turn it on.
- At last, attempt to launch the game and see if this issue is there or not.
Hard Reset the Xbox One Console
If none of the steps above can solve this error easily, then as a last resort all you can do is perform a hard reset of the Xbox One device. To do the hard reset process, follow the lines below.
- First, take the controller and then tap the left button present on the directional pad. This action will launch the ‘Menu’ on the left side of the screen.
- Next, within that ‘Menu’ move down to the ‘Gear’ icon and then from the sub-menu choose the ‘All Settings’ option by tapping the ‘A’ button.
- Now, a new page having the name ‘Settings’ will come up. Inside that page, locate and choose the ‘System’ option from the list.
- After that, from the sub-list, find and choose the “Console Info & Updates” sub-option.
- On the last page that comes up choose the ‘Reset Console’ option.
- At last, if you get a prompt with two options, then choose the one that says ‘Reset and remove everything’.
Once the Xbox One console is reset to factory settings and the Xbox Live account is in sync, next, attempt to run the game and see if this issue comes up or not.
Inspect and Fix the Xbox Live Status
If all the services of the Xbox Live are not working as it should, then you can encounter the Xbox One error 0x803f8001 also. The best answer to resolve this problem is to follow the steps below.
- First, visit the official Xbox Live Status webpage.
- Next, sign in with your Xbox Live account if it is not.
- Check for any alerts on the page. If there are some alerts regarding the service outage, then wait for the service to return.
- Once all the services are working fine, next, try to execute the game and see if this problem is there or not.
Sign in the family member who purchased the Game
If you are trying to play a game that some other family member had purchased, then there is a possibility for you to get this error. Now the best solution to get rid of this problem is to allow the family member, who has purchased and downloaded the game to sign into his/her account. Once the connection is complete, next, set the Xbox One device as the home console. Here is the process on how can you do it.
- First, to launch the guide, tap the Xbox button on the controller.
- After that, choose the following options one after the other ‘System -> Settings -> General -> Personalization’.
- On the Personalization page, locate and choose the ‘My home Xbox’ option.
- Now, there will be two options ‘Make this my home Xbox’ and ‘Remove this as my home Xbox’.
- Out of those two options, choose the one that says ‘Make this my home Xbox’, in order to choose the console as the home console.
Reinstall Games on Xbox One Console
If none of the steps provided previously can solve this error, then as the final solution all you can do is install the game once again. Here are the steps on how can you do it is as follows.
- First, follow the sub-steps below to uninstall the game.
- Take the controller and then tap on the ‘Xbox’ button to reveal the guide.
- Next, from the guide locate and choose the ‘My games & apps’ option.
- After that, from the new page that appears choose the ‘Games’ option.
- As soon as a page comes up with a list full of all the games installed within the console, then from that page select the game that you want to remove.
- Now, press the ‘three horizontal bars’ button and then choose the ‘Uninstall’ option. This action will remove the game from the console.
- Once the removal process is complete, next, you can install the game either from a disc or by downloading it from the Microsoft Store.
- If you install the game via the disc, then follow the on-screen instructions accordingly.
- Now, if you have downloaded the game from the Microsoft Store, then navigate to the ‘My games & apps’ -> ‘Games’ options and choose the ‘Ready to install’ button.
- At last, once the installation process is complete, next, check if this error shows up or not when you try to run the game.