To take a screenshot of the game that you are playing, all you have to do is press the ‘F12’ key. After taking that screenshot, you can publish it on social media or your Steam profile. Although, even after you take an in-game picture, sometimes you cannot find the location where are Steam screenshots saved.
How to find Steam screenshot Location?
Here, you will get various guidance methods regarding where to find where are Steam screenshots saved.
I: Using Screenshot Manager
To view, all the screenshots of the game taken within the Steam application use the Screenshot Manager. In order to do that, follow the steps below.
- First, locate the ‘Steam’ icon on the desktop and double-click on it to open the same.
- Next, inside the new window having the name ‘Steam’, go to the top section and then click the ‘View’ item from the menu bar.
- After that, from the drop-down list, locate and choose the ‘Screenshots’ option.
- As soon as you click on that option, then the ‘Screenshot Manager’ window will come up. Inside that window, you can see all the screenshots of a certain game then either upload or delete them.
- If you click on the ‘Show On Disk’ button, then you can access all the screenshot from the hard disk.
II: Access the screenshot folder Directly
You can also access all the game screenshots by accessing the screenshot folder directly. The location of this folder is basically present, where the Steam application is currently installed. To know, where are steam screenshots saved you need to follow the steps below.
- First, locate the ‘File Explorer’ directory present on the taskbar and click on it to open the same.
- Next, go to the left panel and click on the ‘This PC’ option within this window. After that, move to the right side of that window and click on the ‘C:\’ drive.
- Inside that drive, locate and double-click on the ‘Program Files (x86)’ folder. In it, double-click on the ‘Steam’ folder.
- Then, within the ‘Steam’ directory, find and double-click on the ‘userdata’ folder. Once you are inside the ‘userdata’ folder, next, locate a folder having your Steam ID as the name and double-click on it.
- Within this folder, open the ‘760’ folder and then, in it, double-click on the ‘remote’ directory.
- At last, inside the ‘remote’ directory, choose a folder with app ID as its name and then inside it, open the ‘screenshots’ directory.
III: Create a Shortcut to the Screenshots Folder
In order to easily access the screenshots folder without opening the Steam application and go through the long process of selecting one folder after another present in the second method create a shortcut. Follow these steps to know where does Steam store screenshots.
- First, go to the second method present here and follow all steps in it, to get to the ‘screenshots’ directory.
- Next, right-click on the ‘screenshots’ folder. Then, from the popup menu that appears, locate and highlight the ‘send to’ option.
- After that, from the extended part of the popup menu click on the ‘Desktop (Create Shortcut)’ option.