Guide to Change the Discord Custom Status
Discord is one of the most popular services, that helps gamers to communicate among themselves without any kind of problems. There are two ways with which you can contact your fellow gamer friends one is via voice chat and the other is through text messages. Also, there is another feature that comes with the Discord service is that it allows you to see the games that your friends or other gamers are currently playing. You can change the Discord custom status and allow all your gamer friends to see which game you are playing at present. To do that efficiently, follow the guide.
How to change what you’re playing on Discord?
Here, get the methods that will provide guidance for you to alter the normal and verified game status within the Discord service. You will even get the process to change online status inside this service.
Alter the Online Status of Discord Manually
There are four online status message options available with the Discord application, which are as follows – “Online”, “Do not disturb”, “Invisible” and ‘Idle’. But, these four messages do not associate with the game screen. To alter the game screen within Discord, follow the steps below.
- Open the Discord service and log into it.
- After that, go to the Discord icon and then right-click on it.
- When the popup menu appears, next, choose the playing status option from the popup menu.
To change the online status of the game screen, you will have to repeat the above three steps every time, when you begin the Discord program.
Manually Change the Game Status In Discord
The discord application has the capability to detect the game that is currently being executed within the system. Suppose, if you are playing any game, then Discord will identify that game’s executable file and automatically displays a status message.
This automatic game status is applicable for only the games that are ‘verified’. In other words, the games that are present inside the Discord database. Now, there is no way to alter the game status that is unverified. However, since there is a flaw with this capability within the Discord application, thus follow the steps below.
- Execute a game that you prefer in the background.
- Next, find the Discord application icon on the ‘Start menu’ and click on it to open the same.
- Once a new window opens up, next, locate and choose the ‘User Settings’ button. As you click on that button, then go to the left menu and choose the ‘Games’ option.
- Now, a list of all the games will come up, on a list. From that list, locate the game that you are playing in the background and add it to the right part.
- In the status area, enter any text that you want to be displayed on the message box.
The status message appears as long as the game is running in the background. Now, as soon as you close the game, then the status message will go away.
Change the verified game status within Discord
As you know that in Discord there is no way to alter the verified game’s status message. But, there is a way with which you can bypass the automatic game status selection of the games. To do that follow the steps below.
- First, open a reliable application that is not verified by the Discord and let it run in the background. Choose an application that uses light resources of the system as possible.
- When you select an unverified reliable application, then Discord will select that application from the task manager automatically and show a status message or a custom one.
- After that, open the game that you want to play shielded from the world.
Alter the Discord custom game status for Mobile
You will get the sub methods here, on how to change the custom game status within the Discord application for mobile devices.
Using the Game Activity
Get steps in here to change the game status using the ‘Game Activity’.
- First, tap on the ‘Discord’ application to open it
- Next, go to the top left corner of the screen and choose the ‘three horizontal lines’. This action will reveal a drop-down menu.
- Now, inside that menu go to the bottom then locate your name and click on the ‘Gear’ icon. As soon as you click on that icon, then a new page having the title ‘User Settings’ will come up.
- Inside that page, move down a little and tap on the ‘Game Activity’ option. This will open another page with the heading ‘Game Activity’.
- On that new page, there is an option “Display currently running game as a status message”, toggle it to the right side to turn it on.
- At last, the name of the game that you are playing currently will appear as the status.
Via Custom Status
Here, you will get steps to alter the game status via the ‘Custom Status’ option.
- Go to the previous sub method and follow the first three steps to select your name from the bottom of the screen.
- As soon as you do that, then a new menu from the bottom-up section of the screen will appear.
- In it, locate and choose the ‘Set a custom status’ option.
- Now, a new ‘Custom Status’ page will appear, in it, type a name of your choice in the blank field
- Lastly, set the option when you want the status to disappear among the four following options – “Don’t clear”, “Clear in 30 minutes”, “Clear in 4 hours” and “Clear tomorrow”.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I disable a specific game on Discord?
How do I delete apps from Discord?
Is it possible to edit your game play time Discord?
Manually Change Your Game Status on Discord:
Discord has an auto-detect feature that detects the game that is currently running on your device. The most significant disadvantage of Discord is that there is no recommended method for altering untested games or apps.