Snipping Tool is the tool used for taking a screenshot of your computer. This is a very useful tool as many of us require to screenshot daily for some reason or the other. It was first included in the Windows Vista and all the other versions that followed.
The shots you are taking are called “snips”. You can also edit them by using the editor tool which is built-in into the Snipping Tool. It can save the screenshot images in the format of PNG, GIF, or JPG. The screenshots you will take can be in the form of:
- Window snip- Here, you have to choose a window, like a dialog box, application window, or a browser window.
- Full-screen- In this method, the whole screen is captured in the screenshot.
- Free-form- Here, you can draw any shape of your choice and take the screenshot of that area.
- Rectangular snip- In this method, you drag the cursor to form a rectangle and take the screenshot of that portion.
You may find it even more useful if you had it pinned to your taskbar. This would help you to access it quickly. Having said that, you might ask “ ?”. Well, in this article, I am going to tell you the steps to do so.
Steps For “How to Put Snipping Tool on Taskbar?”
There are not one, but many ways of pinning the Snipping Tool onto the taskbar. Here, I will show you the various ways with which you can do so.
By Utilizing The Start Menu
First, you have to press the “Start” button. In the menu, you have to find the “Windows Accessory”. You will find it under the alphabetical section of “W”. By clicking on this option, you open a drop-down menu. In this menu, you will be able to find the “Snipping Tool”.
After finding the Snipping Tool, you have to right-click on it and then choose the option “More”. Here you will find the option of “Pin to taskbar”. By clicking on this option, you will be able to pin it successfully to the taskbar.
By Using Search
Press the icon of “Cortana” and in the given space, type “snipping”. After that, you will see the option of the Snipping Tool. Then, you have to right-click on it. A list of options will appear, and in this menu, you will find the option for “Pin to Taskbar”.
This is one of the easiest ways of how to put Snipping Tool on taskbar.
By Using The Desktop Shortcut
- First of all, you have to go to a blank space of your desktop screen and do a right-click.
- In the menu, you have to select the option “New”. Within this option, you have to select the “Shortcut” option.
- Then, you have to paste the snippingtool.exe within the box given under the option “Type the location of the item”. After that, you have to click “Next”.
- Now, a new window will appear in which you will be asked to rename the shortcut. You will see a space with “Type a name for this shortcut” written over it. After naming the shortcut, which you should preferably give “Snipping Tool”, click on “Finish”.After this process, you will see that the “Snipping Tool” is visible on the desktop.
- Next, on the desktop shortcut of “Snipping Tool”, do a right-click.
- From the menu, select the option for “Pin to taskbar”. Then you will see that the Snipping Tool is visible in the taskbar.
I hope that through this article I have satisfactorily answered the question “how to put Snipping Tool on taskbar?” These methods discussed in the article are the easiest methods by which you can pin the Snipping Tool onto the taskbar. You will face no problem in following these procedures. Hence, choose the methods you like and start using the Snipping Tool from your taskbar.