A device driver within the Windows 10 computer is an important piece of a program. This program lets the Windows to detect a distinct piece of hardware like the graphics card, keyboard, hard drive and etc.
Basically, the Windows 10 OS has the capability to identify and then install drivers automatically by using Windows Update and many product drivers built into the computer. Despite that, sometimes you need to update the device drivers manually due to many reasons.
Some of those reasons are that, if a device driver starts to malfunction, then there is a need for you to update that driver manually. Even, if right after the Windows 10 upgrade you are unable to use specific hardware, then you will have to perform a manual update of the driver.
Here, you get the specific answer on how to update drivers Windows 10.
How to Update Drivers?
Get various solutions in regards to driver update on the Windows 10 Operating System.
Update device drivers using Windows Update
In order to manually update any device drivers into the computer, the best method is to use the Windows Update. Here is the process on how to update the device drivers.
- First, press the combination of ‘Windows + I’ keys together. This action will open a new window having the title ‘Settings’.
- Now, inside that window, you will get many setting categories for the Windows OS, that can be changed at your will.
- Out of all those categories choose the one that says ‘Update & Security’. As soon as you click on that category, then a new page will come up, in it, go to the left pane and choose the ‘Windows Update’ option.
- Next, move to the right side and click on the ‘Check for Updates’ button. When you click on this button next, the Windows OS will look for any updates for itself.
- If there are any updates available then those will be presented on the list and automatically downloaded. Next, once all the update packages are downloaded, then below the list you will get a ‘Restart now’ button.
- Once you click on the said button, next, the computer will reboot and then the installation process of the updates will begin.
- At last, wait for the installation process to complete and then check to see if all the device drivers are up to date or not.
How to update Graphics Driver?
Here, you will get the process of updating the graphics card driver from the manufacturer website. For that to happen, follow the steps below.
- First, open a web browser that you prefer, then visit the official website of the graphics card manufacturer.
- Now, inside that website search for the driver software specific to the graphics card present within the computer. If you have found the correct driver software for the graphics card, then click on the ‘Download’ button to get the setup file.
- Now, locate the downloaded file and double-click on it to launch the installer window.
- Inside this window, follow the instructions that come up and accordingly click on the ‘Install’ button. This action will install the driver software of the graphics card.
- Finally, once the installation is over, then check if you can perform any graphic intensive task or not.
Update device drivers using the Device Manager
There will be steps here on how to update Windows 10 drivers.
- First, press on both the keys ‘Windows + S’ simultaneously, to open the default search section.
- Inside that section, input the text “device manager” and then from the search output choose the option that says “Device Manager”.
- As soon as you click on that option, then a new window having a title ‘Device Manager’ will come up, in it, you will get a variety of device categories on the list and their respective drivers on a sublist.
- Now, from that list locate the first device category and double-click on it to reveal the driver on a sublist.
- Next, from the sublist find a driver and right-click on it, then from the popup menu that appears, choose the ‘Update driver’ option. This action will open a new dialog box with two specific options.
- Out of those two options, locate and choose the one that says ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’. When you click on that option, next, Windows will automatically look for any update available for the driver.
- If there is an update available, then that will be downloaded and installed automatically.
- Repeat from fourth-seventh steps to update drivers of all the devices installed within the computer.
- Lastly, once the update process of all the drivers is complete, next, restart the computer to apply any changes.
Reliable software to download device Drivers
To update all the device drivers at one go, all you need is a reliable driver updater software. Here are the steps that you can follow.
- First, launch a web browser and then search for a reliable driver updater software on the internet.
- Once you have found a free driver updater software that is reliable, next visit its official website and download the setup file.
- When the download process of the setup file is over, next, double-click on it to run that file. As soon as the new installer window comes up, then follow the instructions that come up on the screen and click on the ‘Install’ button.
- Once the installation process of the reliable driver updater software is complete, next, double-click on the icon of the application and launch the same.
- As the new window of the reliable driver updater software opens up, then an automatic scanning process for all device drivers that needs update will start.
- Now, wait for the scanning process to complete. When the scan process is over, next, choose the ‘Update All’ button at the bottom of the window.
- This action will automatically install all the updates required for the specific device drivers.
- At last, wait for the application to complete all the updates and then restart the computer.