The “Wacom tablet driver not responding” problem can come up if the driver has some kind of internal problem. This issue can appear when the tablet driver is unable to communicate properly with the Windows Operating System.
Reasons for the Wacom Tablet Driver Not Responding Problem
Here, you will get various reasons for the occurrence of this issue.
- If the computer is not up to date, then there is a chance for you to encounter this problem.
- When the tablet driver gets corrupted somehow, you can even face this problem.
- Sometimes, some problematic Wacom services running in the background can give you this error.
Solutions to Resolve the Wacom Driver Not Responding Glitch
You will get the methods here on how to rectify the tablet driver is not responding problem. So follow them one after the other.
End all the Wacom, Wacom Tablet Services
There will be steps here regarding how to kill all the services of the Wacom and Wacom tablets. To do that, follow them below.
- First, press the three keys ‘Ctrl+Alt+Delete’ simultaneously, to open a page with five options.
- Now, out of those options choose the one that says ‘Task Manager’. As soon as you click on that option, then a new window having the title ‘Task Manager’ will come up.
- Inside that window, locate and tap on the ‘Services’ tab. Under this tab, there is a list full of all the services of every installed application and hardware.
- Next, from that list, locate and select every Wacom services then click on the ‘End Task’ button to kill those services.
- Repeat the previous step to kill all the Wacom Tablet services.
- At last, close the ‘Task Manager’ window and restart the machine.
Start the “Wacom Professional services” from Services Application
Get the process of activating the “Wacom Professional services” here.
- First, tap on the combination of ‘Windows + R’ keys to launch the ‘Run’ dialog box.
- Within that dialog box, beside the label ‘Open:’ input the following text- ”services.msc” and then click on the ‘OK’ button.
- As soon as you do that, then a new window with the name ‘Services’ will come up. Inside this window, locate and right-click on the ‘Wacom Professional Services’ service.
- Next, from the popup menu that comes up, choose the ‘Start’ or ‘Restart’ option.
- Finally, check if this problem comes up when you try to use a Wacom application.
Update the Windows Operating System
If the Windows OS is not updated, then there is a chance for you to encounter this problem. Now, the best way to resolve this issue is to update Windows 10. The steps are here as follows.
- First, press on both the keys ‘Windows + I’ keys simultaneously. This action will open a new window having the title ‘Windows Settings’.
- Inside that window, there is a variety of setting categories specific to the Windows OS, that you can change at your will.
- Out of all those categories of settings, choose the one that says ‘Update & security’. This action will open a new page with the name ‘Windows Update’.
- Inside that page, locate and click on the ‘Check for updates’ button. As soon as you click on that button, then automatically the available updates packages will be presented on a list and downloaded.
- Once the download process of the update packages is complete, next, tap on the ‘Reboot now’ button.
- At this time, the computer will restart and then all the updates will be installed automatically one after another.
Installation of the Wacom Driver Once Again
Here, there will be multiple steps to reinstall the Wacom driver into the computer.
- First, take out the USB cable of the Wacom tablet from the computer.
- After that, press the ‘Windows + S’ keys together, to open the default search section of the OS. Inside that section, type the text ‘control panel’ and then from the search result choose the ‘Control Panel’ option.
- This action will launch a new window having the name ‘Control Panel’. In that window, locate and choose the ‘Programs’ setting category. After that, a new window will come up, in it, click on the ‘Programs and Features’ option.
- On the new page with the title ‘Programs and Features’, you will get a list full of all the applications installed within the computer.
- From that list, locate any Bamboo, Wacom Tablet applications and then remove them by right-clicking and selecting the ‘Uninstall’ option.
- Once the uninstallation process of all Wacom-related applications are over, next, restart the computer.
Additional Steps for the Previous Methods
- When the computer starts once again, next, visit the official Wacom website.
- From that site search for the correct driver for the device then download it. Once the download process of the setup file is complete, next, locate and double-click on it. This will open the installer.
- Within the installer window, follow the instructions that come up on the screen and accordingly click on the ‘Install’ button.
- When the installation process of the driver is over, next, the system will automatically restart. After the computer starts up, then connect the tablet into the PC.
- Now, check the tablet. For that to happen, follow the sub-method below./
- Follow these options to launch the ‘Wacom Tablet Properties’ – ‘Windows logo -> All Apps -> Wacom -> Wacom Preferences’
- Next, before you restore any preferences check all the functionalities of pen and button.
- At last, see if this Wacom Tablet Driver Not Responding issue appears once again or not when you try to use the Wacom driver.