How to fix BCM20702a0 Driver Error?
BCM20702a0 is a driver for the Bluetooth adapter present within the computer. You can encounter the BCM20702a0 driver error while attempting to access this driver. This error does not allow you to connect any Bluetooth devices to the machine.
You can get several reasons as to why this issue can occur after all. Some of the most common causes are that, if this driver is not installed correctly or is corrupted somehow, then there is a change for you to meet with this error. Further, if the Bluetooth services do not start, then you might get this problem even.
How to Resolve the BCM20702a0 driver windows 10?
Here, you will get a plethora of methods that will help you to fix this problem once and for all.
I: Update the Bluetooth Driver
If the Bluetooth driver is not up to date, then you may encounter the BCM20702a0 error. Now, the best answer to get rid of this issue is to update the Bluetooth driver. Here the steps to update the driver
- First, hit the ‘Windows + X’ keys simultaneously to launch the ‘Options menu’. Inside this menu, find and select the ‘Device Manager’ item.
- When you click on that item, next, a new window having the title ‘Device Manager’ will come up. Inside this window, there will be a list full of all the devices and their respective drivers on a sublist.
- Now, from that list locate the ‘Bluetooth’ device category and double-click on the same to reveal all the drivers on the sublist.
- Next, from the sublist select the “BCM20702a0 driver” and right-click on the same. Then select the ‘Update driver’ option.
- Once you click on that option, then another dialog box with two distinct links will come up.
- Among those two unique links, click the one that says ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’. When you click on that link, next, the OS will automatically look for any updates to the driver.
- If any updates are available for the driver, then those will be downloaded and installed automatically. Once the driver update procedure is over, next, restart the machine.
- Finally, connect any Bluetooth device and check to see if this issue is present or not.
II: Inspect the Bluetooth Services
If the Bluetooth services are not working as they should, then you may get the “BCM20702a0 driver windows 10” error. Now, the most correct solution to rectify this problem is to check all the Bluetooth services and then start them. The steps are here as follows.
- First, press both of the keys ‘Windows + S’ together. This action will open the search field.
- Inside the default ‘Search’ field, type in the text “services.msc”. Then, from the result page that appears, choose the ‘Services’ option.
- As you click on that option, then a new ‘Services ’window will come up. In that window, you will get a list full of all the services for every application and hardware installed within the computer.
- Now, from that list locate the ‘Bluetooth Support Service’ and right-click on it. After that, from the popup menu click on the ‘Restart’ option.
- Next, once again go to the ‘Bluetooth Support Service’ and double-click on it. This reveals a new dialog box, that will have the title ‘Bluetooth Support Service Properties (Local Computer)’.
- Inside that dialog box, go to the ‘Startup type:’ field and then from the drop-down list click on the ‘Automatic’ option.
- Lastly, click on both the buttons ‘Apply’ and ‘OK’ respectively and reboot the computer.
III: Install the Bluetooth Device Driver Once Again
If none of the methods presented above are unable to fix this problem, then as the last solution all you can do is to reinstall the Bluetooth driver. The steps on how can you do it is as follows.
- Hit both the ‘Windows + R’ keys together, this will open up a new ‘Run’ dialog box.
- Within that dialog box, type in the text “control panel” on the blank area beside the label ‘Open:’ and press the ‘Enter’ key.
- Once you click on that key, next, a new ‘Control Panel’ window will appear. Inside that window, you will get a variety of setting categories for the computer system that you can alter at your will.
- Among all the setting categories choose the one that says ‘Programs’. When you click on that setting then, a new page will appear, in it, select the ‘Programs and Features’ option.
- Now, another page will come up that shows a list full of all the applications installed within the computer. Next, from that list only find the Bluetooth device and right-click on it, then choose on the ‘Uninstall’ option.
- Go to the first method and then follow the three initial steps to reveal all the drivers for the ‘Bluetooth’ device within the sublist.
- After that, from the sublist choose the BCM20702a0 Bluetooth driver and right-click on it, then select the ‘Uninstall’ option. If a confirmation message box comes up, then press the ‘Uninstall’ button.
- At last, once the driver removal process is over, next, restart the computer. When the machine boots up, next, Windows OS will automatically help you install the Bluetooth driver.