We all love to share anything like movies, videos, etc with our siblings or friends, as it increases the bond between us. If you want to share the games that you play on the computer, then that can be done using the Steam Family Sharing process.
Here you will get proper guidance in regards to sharing games that you play on the PC using the Steam application.
What is the Steam Game Sharing?
The Steam Family Libary Sharing or Steam Game Sharing is the feature that lets you give access to your family members and play any games present on one another’s computer. However, you can save your own game progress and the achievements on the Steam cloud and the same applies to the family member with whom the game is shared. In order to give access to the shared game for a family member, you need to authorize them.
If you want a game present on the family member’s library, then send a request to them for authorization. Once the authorization is over, next, you will get access to all the games present in the library. Even, you can download and play all the games present within the library.
How to share games on Steam?
You will get a multitude of methods here, that will guide you to perform the Steam library sharing process.
Activate the Steam Guard security Feature
In order to allow the ‘Family Sharing’, you will have to activate the Steam Guard feature in the account. To do that, follow the steps below.
- First, launch the Steam application and log in to the account.
- Once the home page of the Steam account comes up, next, navigate to the top-left edge of the screen and click the Steam.
- After that, choose the Settings option. As soon as you click on that option, then a new page with the name ‘Settings’ will come up.
- Inside that page, locate and choose the ‘Account’ option. This action will open another page having the name ‘Account’ will come up.
- Within that page, choose the ‘Manage Steam Guard Account Security’ option. Next, choose both of the following verification options – ‘Get Steam Guard codes by email’ and ‘Get Steam Guard codes from the Steam app on my phone’
Sharing games on Steam
Here, there will be steps to share games on Steam.
- First, open the Steam application or website and log in to the account.
- Next, navigate to the upper left corner and click on the Steam.
- As soon as you click on it, then a drop-down menu will appear, in it, locate and tap on the ‘Settings’ option.
- This action will open a new page having the name ‘Settings’ will appear. Inside that page, go to the left pane then find the ‘Family’ option and select it.
- Now, navigate to the right side of that page and put a checkmark on the ‘Authorize this computer’ or Authorize Library Sharing’ option.
- After that, click on the ‘OK’ button to save any changes to the Steam account. Now, log out from the Steam account.
- At last, the family member or friend with whom you have shared your Steam library, then they can play any game within that library.
Disable the Steam Family Library Sharing Feature
If you do not want to share any game present within the Steam library with family members or friends due to some reason. Then here get the steps to deactivate the Steam Family Library Sharing feature as follows.
- First, sign in to your ‘Steam’ account.
- Next, click Steam present on the top left corner of the window.
- After that, from the drop-down menu that appears, find and select the ‘Settings’ option. As soon as you click on that option, then a new page with the name ‘Settings’ will come up.
- Inside that page, locate the ‘Family’ option from the left pane. Now, go to the right pane and uncheck a friend or family member and delete them from the sharing feature.
- Finally, click on the ‘OK’ button to apply any alteration to the Steam account.