The login password in Windows 8 is a necessary feature that protects the data present within your computer from any person with criminal intent. One can set a login password either during the installation of the OS or at any time they wish.
However, if you forget the login password or just do not want to type the password every time when you log into the computer. Then for those reasons, you need to have the knowledge of how to remove password in Windows 8.
How to Remove Windows 8 Password?
Here, you will get various methods that help you to get rid of the Windows 8 password.
1. Windows 8 disable password via Netplwiz
The normal way to remove the login password from the Windows 8 computer is the help of the User Accounts or ‘Netplwiz’. Get steps, here on how can you do it.
- First, hit on both the keys ‘Windows + R’ together, to open a new dialog box having a name ‘Run’.
- Inside that dialog box, type the following text “netplwiz” on the blank area, beside the ‘Open’ label and then, click on the ‘OK’ button.
- As soon as you click on that button, then a new dialog box will appear having the name ‘User Accounts’.
- Within that new dialog box, go to the list and choose your username under the ‘Administrators’ group and then untick the ‘Users must enter a user name and passwords to use this computer.’
- After that, click on the ‘Apply’ button. Now, when you get a ‘Sign in’’ popup window, next, input the current password and tap the ‘OK’ button.
- At last, restart the computer and check to see if you can enter the desktop without providing any password.
2. With Password Reset Disk perform Windows 8 password Remove Procedure
If there is a Password Reset Disk with you, then utilize it to avoid the Windows 8 login password. With the help of this disk, you do not need to access the Administrator account. In order to do that, follow the lines below.
- First, start the computer and then while at the lock screen insert the ‘Password Reset Disk’.
- After that, locate the ‘Reset password’ link present below the login field and click on the same. As soon as you click on that link, then a new window having the title ‘Password Reset Wizard’ will come up.
- Inside that window, click on the ‘Next’ button. Now, choose the correct drive and then click on the ‘Next’ button.
- At this time, a new page with a heading ‘Reset the User Account Password’ will come up. Inside that page, you will get three fields within which do not provide anything and click the ‘Next’ button.
- Finally, click on the ‘Finish’ button and make the computer login password free.
3. Using shortcut key get rid of the Windows 8 Password
The third way to remove the login password from Windows 8 computer is via a shortcut key. You can use this procedure if you know the password and want to get rid of it. In order to know that, follow the lines below.
- First, normally log in to the Windows 8 computer and then, press the combination of “Ctrl + Alt + Del” keys simultaneously. This will open a new screen having five links to choose from.
- Out of those five links, select the one that says ‘Change a password’. Once you click on that link, next, a new window will appear.
- In that window, enter the current password on the correct field and then leave the other two fields to input new passwords blank.
- Lastly, to delete the password tap on the ‘Finish’ button and then reboot the machine once again.
4. Via Command Prompt delete the Windows 8 Password
The last method on how to remove the password from Windows 8 is via the Command Prompt. For that to happen, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- First, log in to the computer with administrator privilege.
- After that, press on both the keys “Windows + S” together. This will open a new default search area of the Operating System.
- Within that area type in the following text ‘command prompt’. Next, from the search section that appears, locate the ‘Command Prompt’ option and right-click on the same.
- Now, from the popup list choose the ‘Run as administrator’ option.
- As you click on that option, then a new window having a black background and white text will appear. Inside that window, input the following command ‘net user (username) “”’ and hit on the ‘Enter’ key.
- Once the execution of the said command is over, next, it means that the deletion process of the login password is complete.
- At last, boot the computer once again and check to see if you still need to enter the login password or not.