With the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, you will get a new interactive feature known as the Windows Ink. Due to this feature, you can use a digital pen via the Windows Ink Workspace and write something on a Sticky Notes, draw on ‘Paint’ and Sketchpad, etc. If you want to know how to disable windows ink then you can find some of the best solution below.
However, if you do not have a digital pen or not want to utilize the Windows Ink feature, then you can disable it from the machine. In order to turn off Windows Ink follow the article, as there will be extensive steps provided here.
Disable Windows Ink: Turn Off Windows Ink
Here, there will be two specific methods that will help you to deactivate the Windows Ink Workspace from the computer.
1. Via the Registry disable Windows Ink Workspace Feature
You will get steps here, to turn off the Windows Ink Workspace feature using the registry. If you have the Windows 10 Home version installed, then this process is the only way to make Windows Ink inactive.
However, when you tweak anything on the registry, then as a precautionary measure always take a backup of all the files present within the computer. Before you change anything on the registry, do save all the configuration settings of the computer.
In order to do that, follow the steps below:
- First, click on the magnifying glass icon, beside the ‘Windows’ logo to open a default search area.
- Within that area, type ‘registry editor’ and then from the search output, find and choose the ‘Registry Editor’ option.
- Once you click on that option, next, a new window having a title ‘Registry Editor’ will appear.
- Inside that window, go to the left pane and double-click on every folder of the following path – “Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsInkWorkspace”
- If the ‘WindowsInkWorkspace’ subfolder is not present within the ‘Microsoft, then follow the sub-steps below.
- Go to the ‘Microsoft’ folder on the left pane and right-click on the same. Next, choose the ‘New’ option and then click on the ‘Key’ option.
- Rename the new key as the ‘WindowsInkWorkspace’ and click on ‘OK’.
- Now, go to the right panel of the window and right-click on the blank area. Next, from the popup menu that appears, hover the mouse arrow on the ‘New’ option.
- After that, from the sub-menu, locate and click on the ‘DWORD (32-bit) Value’ option.
- As soon as the new key is created, then provide the name ‘AllowWindowsInkWorkspace’ and click on the ‘OK’ button.
2. Additional steps for the previous Method
Get the additional steps here that are the continuation of the previous method.
- Now, double-click on the ‘AllowWindowInk Workspace’ key. This action will open a new dialog box having the name ‘Edit DWORD (32-bit) Value’.
- Inside that dialog box, go to the ‘Value data’ field and set it to ‘zero’. This means that the Windows Ink feature has been deactivated.
- Next, click on the ‘OK button.
- Lastly, restart the PC, in order to save the changes made within the registry.
3. Make Windows Ink Workspace inactive via Group Policy
If you use any version of Windows 10 OS, other than the ‘Home’, then with the help of Local Group Policy Editor’, you can deactivate the Windows Ink Workspace feature. This method is less cumbersome than the registry one. To do it, follow these steps below.
- Press on the ‘Windows + R’ keys altogether. This will launch a new ‘Run’ dialog box.
- Within that dialog box, enter the ‘gpedit.msc’on the empty space right next to the ‘Open’ label. After that, tap on the ‘Enter’ key.
- Once you click on that key, next, a new window will appear with the name ‘Local Group Policy Editor’.
- Inside that window, navigate to the left pane and then double-click on the ‘Computer Configuration’ option to expand the same.
- Now, from the expanded list double-click on every folder in the following “Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Windows Ink Workspace”.
- At this time, move to the right pane and then from the list locate and double-click on the ‘Allow Windows Ink Workspace’ setting.
- As soon as you do that, then a new window having the name of the chosen setting will come up. In that window, put a radio button on the ‘Enabled’ option
- After that, go to the ‘Options’ section and within it choose the ‘Disabled option from the drop-down menu. Next, to save these changes, click on the ‘Apply’ button.
- At last, boot the computer and check if the Windows Ink Workspace is inactive or not.