A password at the time of Windows 10 login adds a protective layer for all the contents present within the computer. However, if you do not want to enter the password all the time or cannot remember it, then the knowledge on how to remove password in Windows 10 is really necessary.
Along with the know-how of the removal process, you will also get the idea of how to change the password of Windows 10. To get both the knowledge in regards to the password removal and changing of the Windows 10 OS, follow the article.
How to Remove and Change Password in Windows 10?
Here, there will be quite a lot of methods that will help you to get rid of and alter the login password of the Windows 10 Operating System.
1: Delete Administrator Password of Windows 10 using the Settings
Here, you will get the process to remove the administrator password from the Windows Settings. To do that, follow the steps below.
- Press the combination of ‘Windows + I’ keys simultaneously. This will open a new window having the title ‘Settings’ will come up.
- In that window, you will get multiple setting categories specific to the Windows OS. Now, out of all those categories, choose the one that says ‘Accounts’.
- When you click on that category, next, a new page will come up, in it, go to the left pane and select the ‘Sign-in options’. Next, move to the right side and under the ‘Password’ heading, click on the ‘Change’ button.
- As you click on that button, then a new blue background window will appear with the heading ‘Change your password’.
- Inside that window, provide the current password on the field having the same name and click on the ‘Next’ button. On the new page that appears, do not fill any data within the three fields and press the ‘Next’ button.
- Lastly, reboot the computer and see if the desktop appears directly or not without the login screen.
2: Get rid of admin password via Local Users and Groups
With the help of Local Users and Groups feature, delete the admin password of the Windows 10. In order to do that, follow the steps below.
- First, hit both the keys ‘Windows + R’ together to open a new ‘Run’ dialog box.
- In that dialog box, click on the blank area beside the ‘Open:’ label and then type the text ‘lusmgr.msc’. After that, click on the ‘OK’ button.
- As you click on the button, then the ‘lusmgr – [Local Users and Groups (Local)\Users]’ will appear. In that window, go to the left pane and click on the ‘Users’ folder.
- After that, from the middle pane, locate the administrator and right-click on the name. Next, from the popup menu that appears, choose the ‘Set Password…’.
- You will now get a message box, that explains the conditions to set the password. Read those conditions and click ‘Proceed’.
- At this time, a new dialog box will appear, inside it, do not provide any details on the following fields ‘New password:’ and ‘Confirm password:’ and click on the ‘
3: How to remove administrator password in Windows 10 using Command Prompt?
You will get steps here to delete the admin password of Windows 10 that too by using Command Prompt.
- Press the keys ‘Windows + S’ keys together to launch the search section.
- Inside that section, type in the following text ‘command prompt’. Then, from the results page of that search, find the ‘Command Prompt’ option and right-click on the same.
- Now, from the popup menu that appears, choose the ‘Run as administrator’ option. As soon as you click on that option, then a new window with white text, black background and ‘Command Prompt’ as the title will come up.
- Inside that window, type the following command “net user (administrator username) *” and then hit ‘Enter’ key to execute.
- Once you get a prompt to enter a new password, next, do not input anything and press the ‘Enter’ key two times.
- Finally, this process will clear the admin password of the computer, to check it restart the machine.
4: From Control Panel delete the Windows10 admin Password
To remove the Windows 10 administrator password from the Control Panel, follow the steps that appear below.
- Click the ‘Windows’ logo on the taskbar and then scroll down until you get to the ‘Windows’ folder and click on it. Next, from the sub-list choose the ‘Control Panel’ option.
- Once the Control Panel window opens up, next, go to the top right corner and change the ‘View by:’ to ‘Large icons’.
- Next, locate and click on the ‘User Accounts’ category. This action will open a new page having the title ‘User Accounts’.
- Within that page, go to the ‘Make changes to your user account’ section and then click on the ‘Manage another account’ link. Once you click on that link, next, another page with the name ‘Manage Accounts’ will come up.
- Within that new page, you will get a variety of users on a list. Now, out of those users, choose the administrator account, whose password you want to remove.
- Next, move to the left pane and tap on the link ‘Change the password’. This will open a new ‘Change Password’ window.
- Inside this window. Provide the current password on the correct field and then leave the others empty.
- At last, click on the ‘Change Password’ button and remove it from the machine.
5: Change the Administrator Password
Get steps here to alter the administrator password of the Windows 10 computer.
- Press the ‘Windows’ logo key on the keyboard, to launch the ‘Start’ menu. After that, go to the left pane and choose the ‘Gear’ icon. This will open a new application with the heading ‘Windows Settings’.
- Now, go to the first method and then follow the second, third and fourth steps until you get the window with a heading ‘Change your password’.
- Within the new window that appears, provide the current password and click on the ‘Next’ button.
- After that, within the new window, provide the new password two times then give a hint and click on the ‘Next’ button.
- At last, there will be a message on the window as follows “You’ve successfully changed your password”
6: Alter the Admin Password to a PIN
Here, you will get steps to change the admin password of the Windows 10 to a PIN. So, follow it.
- First, go to the right side of the taskbar and then click on the ‘Notifications’ icon. As you click on that icon, then a new panel on the right side will show up.
- On that panel click on the ‘Expand’ link and then choose the ‘All Settings’ option. Once you click on that option, next, a new Settings’ window will come up.
- Inside that window, locate and choose the ‘Accounts’ category, then from the new page find and select the ‘Sign-in options’
- This action will open another page having the title ‘Sign-In Options’, in it, go to the section with ‘PIN’ as a heading.
- Under that heading, click on the ‘Add’ button. Now, a new window will come up, inside it, input the current login password on the field and then click on the ‘’Sign in’ button.
- Next, enter a new PIN on the first and second fields and tap on the ‘OK’ button.
- Finally, restart the computer and check to see if you can unlock it with the new PIN or not.
7: Change the Administrator Password into a Picture Password
Here, you will get the process on how to change the administrator password to a picture password. For that to happen, follow the steps below.
- First, go to the sixth method and then follow the initial three steps, to open the ‘Sign-In Options’ page.
- Inside that page, navigate to a section having a heading ‘Picture Password’. Under that heading, click on the ‘Add’ button.
- As soon as you click on that button, then a new window will appear with the title ‘Create a picture password’. Within that window, enter the login password and then tap on the ‘OK’ button.
- Next, from the left panel with ‘Welcome to picture password’ heading, click on the ‘Choose Picture’ button. Now, select a picture you like from the album and then tap on the ‘Use this picture’ button.
- After that, the photo that you have chosen will appear on the right pane. On that pane, drag the picture to the correct position that you prefer.
- To set the picture password, you will have to draw three unique gestures on the chosen photo.
- Once the three gestures are correctly are set, next, you see the following message “You’ve successfully created your picture password. Use it the next time you sign in to Windows”.
- Lastly, reboot the machine and see if you can open the computer with the picture password or not.